Chapter 3: The Fisherman and the Orphan

A/N: I am so sorry I didn't write the chapter yesterday! I totally forgot I said I would. 

Again. So sorry.

This chapter is about Vikk and Lachlan! Then the next chapter will be the Destiny Ceremony! I will probably try to make it from everyone's povs. Who knows! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vikk's POV:

I ran. I could feel the hard cobble streets beneath the soles of my tennis shoes. The pounding of multiple pairs of feet echoed of the walls of the houses that lined the street. The rain soaked my semi-short black hair, as well as my favorite blue t-shirt with red and blue colored diamond.

Shouts and calls could be heard throughout the dark night. Every so often causing people to turn on their lights or come outside to see the commotion. I could just imagine their faces when they saw a 17 year old boy running away from YorkWorth guards.

My name, is Vikkram Barns. I am 17, turning 18 tomorrow. I was orphaned at the age of six when a fire burned down my house while I was at school. I can still remember that day in class. The headmaster himself came to get me. While we walked to his home he told me my parents had gone a little vacation and wouldn't be returning. When I asked him why, he just gave me a small smile and said it would be alright. Six years later, while the headmaster was on his death bed, he told me the reason my parents didn't come back. I cried as he gave his last breath. He took care of me for six years, and died at the age of 97. The day after he died, I was sent away to the orphanage. I was beat and called names by the headmistress there. After three years of having to deal with that, I ran away. And I am still running to this day. I have been running from my past, my pain, and the only home I ever knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(don't pay attention to the at sign. IDK how to get rid of it :P)

4 hours of running later

It's been four hours since I left the city of YorkWorth. I sat in a tree in the large forest that sat outside the city walls. I ponder on what would happen if I got caught now.

I would be taken back to the orphange.

The headmistress would beat until I could barely breathe. Then she would torture me more by throwing me in the basement for solitary confinement. No food or water. I know what it's like because it wouldn't be the first time I've had that punishment.

I shiver at the thought of going back to that place of nightmares. I sighed heavily. I then began to carefully climb down the tall oak tree. When my feet were back on the ground, I began walking in the opposite direction of where I came from. Even if it is my home, I'm never going back. I thought to myself.

I continued to walk. 

Away from my old troubles,

And towards my new ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip to morning.

Still Vikk's POV:

My whole body ached from the walk. I found it hard to keep my eyes open. I haven't slept in over two days, and the effect is starting to kick in.

I stumbled a little longer before I came across walls. Letting out a tired sigh, I sat down with my back against the wall and fell asleep.

(Time Skip Brought to you by a Unicorn!)