Chapter 6: Protectors and Old Friends

HELLO EVERYBODY!

Welcome back to the next chapter of Destiny!

I don't really have anything to say except thanks for reading and enjoying! It makes me feel special. :3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jerome's POV~

(This POV takes place an hour after Rob fell asleep. Just to clear that up. ;D)

We were all resting up after running around in the Shadow Maze for what Max said was three hours. We were all tired and sore. Mostly Rob who got thrown against the maze walls and now has a bandage around his head. As soon as we entered the room, Rob fell on one of the couches and fell asleep. The best thing was that Preston decided to take this chance and say it. His words were:

"I love you my Prince."

When that happened, I looked over at Lachlan who looked like he was about to explode. He was jumping up and down squealing. When Preston turned around and saw the rest of us smirking as well as Lachlan jumping up and down, he turned red and said:

"Shut up you prickly cacti!"

We all laughed at his statement. Preston joined in later. We talked for a little while about random stuff. We then decided to talk to Max, who had been silently listening in the corner.

"So, Max. May we ask you about your past? And how you became a Soul Keeper?" Vikk asked motioning for Max to join us on the floor in the middle of the room. Max got up from his corner and joined our circle.

"Well, as I already said. My name is Max Mithzan. I grew up in the Budder Kingdom with only my mother. My father had passed away when I was born. I had five friends in the village. We would do everything together. Then one day when I was 8, I was coming home from school when I noticed smoke coming out of one of the houses. It was my house. My mother had been taking a nap while she cooked some food. She left it for too long and it caught the house on fire. My mom didn't make it that day. She was my world. After she passed, I fell into depression. I cut off any ties I had with anyone. Including my best friends. Then one night the day before I turned 18, I was walking through the forest when a man with black angel wings tackled me. He forced something down my throat before someone pushed him off. It was one of my friends. He took me home where I immediately passed out. When I woke up, I was like this." Max explained, tears rolling down his face. We sat there in silence, not knowing what to say.

"I haven't seen my friends since I ran away right after my change. I came here to the wizards, asking for a cure. But there was none. So I asked to stay with them and they agreed. I've been here since I was 18. I'm 22 now. And I still miss my friends." Max finished before getting up and walking out of the room, probably to get the wizards. We decided we should wake up Rob and get ready for the wizards.

~Time Skip to when the Wizards lead them to the meeting room~

~Max's POV~

"Alright guys. Please sit down. Jericho, go and get the guests." Wag said, motioning for us to sit down in the spinning office chairs. Jericho nodded before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him. Me being the child I am, sat in the chair and started spinning around.

"WEEEEEE!" I yelled as everyone else laughed. Even Wag. It made me smile that even in dark times, I could make people laugh. Then everyone sat down. The seating arrangements went, Wag at the head, Jericho, Syn, FireFoxx, Sparklez, and me to his left. Then Jerome, Mitch, Rob, Preston, Lachlan, and Vikk on his right.