Chapter 10: Riddles, Mazes, and Parkour

Sorry this is so late!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jerome's POV~

"So how long how you known Sky, Jin?" I asked while we walked down a cobblestone path towards the back entrance to the city. After we split, Sky used his Herobrine magic to teleport us to the edge of the town. He got the courage to tell Vikk that his father was Herobrine, which is a good start. He has yet to reveal it to the rest of the Pack as well as the Wizards but its good start. I can understand. He's scared everyone will call him evil and will hurt him for being the son of the God, Herobrine. 

"I've known him since we were five, I believe. We met at a party for his fifth birthday. He saved me from some bullies that had followed me into the party. He stopped them from beating me up in the bathroom. We've been close ever since." Jin told me as he followed close behind Sky. "How about you Jerome? How did you come across Sky and his rag-tag team of assassins?"

"I was 15 when I joined the team. It was after I met Mitch while he was running away from his orphanage. We became scavengers in the city of Torona before we came across the team being jumped by the gang that controlled the area. We jumped in and helped the team out. After the fight ended, Sky came up and offered us a spot on the team. We accepted because of two reasons. 1: Because we would get food and shelter. And 2: Because we would have a family that loved us and who would always have our back. So we've been with Team Crafted for about three years now." I answered.

"Cool." He simply said. After that, the rest of the walk was silent. It seemed like forever before we reached the back gate.

"WHO GOES THERE?" A voice screamed from atop the wall.

"It's me Dar! It's Sky! Me and some friends are heading out to Kyle's cabin for the night. We are meeting Kyle, Tyler, and Bashur there. But we need you to lift up the gates for us!" Sky yelled at the man that he named Dar.

"Oh. Sorry Sky! I'll open it right up." Dar yelled.

A second later, the gate sunk into the ground.

"Thanks Dar!" Sky yelled to him.

"No problem. Hey, do you mind if I tag along with you guys? Tyler invited me over to help you guys and I don't want to go after dark." Dar yelled back.

"Sure! Now get your butt down here so we can get going!" Sky answered.

Dar didn't answer, but a second later a figure jumped down from the wall causing me, Vikk, and Jin to jump. Sky just smiled as he helped the figure to his feet.

"Guys, this is Dar Tron. A good friend of mine, as well as one of the best guards in the Budder Kingdom." Sky said, wrapping an arm around his friend's shoulder.

Dar waved. He had ginger hair with a beard to match. He had almost neon green eyes and he wore a grey and turquoise shirt with matching pants and shoes. He also wore a pair of grey gloves.

"Dar, this is Jerome Aceti and Vikkram Barns. You remember Jin Bop I believe." 

"Of course I remember Jin! How could I forget our jokes! Now come on! We should head to the cabin if we want to make it before the mobs start spawning!" Dar said as he walked out the gates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip Because I Am Lazy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the cabin just as the sun was about to set. Sky and Dar were talking about a new game they created called Please the Grumpy Cat as they walked. When Vikk asked what a grumpy cat was, they just laughed and said, "You'll find out later." That just caused me and Vikk to be more confused. I walked silently behind Vikk and Jin who were in a deep discussion about space and science, while Sky and Dar continued their talk on their new game ahead of them. The calmness of the forest was nice, the chatter of squirrels, squawks of birds, and the smell of the fruits in the trees were comforting to a bacca like me.