Chapter 8: Underwater Temple

~Preston's POV~

"So, how is this going to work out?" I asked as we walked along the dirt trail towards Austrana. It was a few hours into the journey, and we were about halfway there. But there was a small problem that me and the rest of the group forgot to talk about. Me and water don't mix. Lava mobs aren't meant for water. That's why we bathe in lava.

"I don't know Preston. Maybe you could just stay on the boat while me, Lachlan, and Ross go in and get the Prismarine shard." Barney said from the front of the group. Ross walked silently beside him, most likely thinking of a solution.

"Maybe since you're just half lava mob, you could probably be able to go into the water." Lachlan said from beside me. That was actually a good idea. Maybe I should test that theory.

"When we get to the pier, I will try dipping my feet into the water. If my legs start to burn and turn to obsidian, I'm blaming you Lachlan." I said, shooting a playful glare at the taller male. He chuckled and smirked at me.

"Maybe we can stop and see a friend of mine. She might be able to make it so you can touch water." Ross said out of nowhere. Barney looked at him with a confused glance.

"What friend are you talking about?" He asked.

"I'm talking about Jess, Barney! She can use her magic to conjure a spell of some sort." Ross answered, looking over at Barney. Barney only nodded before turning his eye towards the path ahead of us.

"But first, I wanna touch the water." I said in a childish voice, causing the other three to chuckle. I laughed along with them. Then the rest of the trip was spent in silence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Two Hours Later~

"We're here!" Lachlan exclaims, raising his hands in the air. I look up from the road and smiled in delight. The small town reminded me of the village I was born in. Small wooden cabins laced a large dirt road. People gathered at the center in some sort of market, talking, trading, and selling their goods. It was very nice.

"It's pretty for such a small town." I said, looking at Lachlan. He turned to me and smiled. If you think the town is pretty, you should see the ocean. It's absolutely beautiful!" Lachlan said with a big smile on his face.

"Well, let's go and see it then!" Ross said, gesturing for Lachlan to lead the way. I followed behind him with Ross and Barney trailing behind me. Lachlan led us into town and showed us around while we walked towards the pier. When we entered the beach, I gasped at the sight. The ocean was exactly what Lachlan said it would be. The ocean was a bright blue mixed with green. Villagers sat along the beach either talking to each other or fishing in the brilliant blue waters. I walked over to the ocean and took my shoes off. Slowly, I stepped into the water. Nothing happened. All I could feel was the cold water hitting against my legs. I smiled and laughed.

"Yes! The lava mob can swim!" Lachlan yelled as he took off his shoes and entered the waters with me. Ross and Barney stood at the edge of the waves, watching people walk past. After a while of playing in the water, we got out and walked to the docks. But before we could move any closer a voice yelled for Lachlan.

"HEY LITTLE LACHY!" A voice yelled. Lachlan froze in the spot, causing me to stop and turn. I searched for whoever called Lachlan's name. I found a boy our age, wearing jeans, a blue shirt, a black leather jacket, and goggles on his head. He had blue hair and dark brown eyes. He was followed by two girls. One I recognized as Stacy. I knew Stacy from a while back. She had on a blue and white striped shirt and jeans and a brown shoes. She had dark green hair and brown hair. The other girl had a blue and white skirt and black shoes. She had long pink hair and ocean blue eyes. They seemed like trouble if they made Lachlan so tense and frozen.