Chapter 13: Preperations and the Final Battle

So hey guys! This is it. This, is the final chapter. Then we have an epilogue. I hope that's alright! Thank you all for taking time to read this story! It makes me happy to know that you guys actually enjoy what I write. I seriously can't thank you enough. Anyway, enjoy the second to last chapter!

I recommend listening to the song when they all are on the battlefield. (I'll tell you when that is) 

 :) If it ends before you're finished, then feel free to play it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Rob's POV~

"Alright. Now that you guys are all healed up, let's go over your fighting skills."

It was early in the morning when Syn practically dragged us out of bed. It was the first actual good nights rest we've had all week!

I scratched my ears tiredly as they flopped against the sea of brown hair that sat on top of my head.

I need a new flower crown. The last one I had got lost in that sand storm we encountered. I thought to myself as we all stood in a line in front of Syn, all looking tired as all Nether.

Mitch looked the most awake. However, you could see him slightly leaning on the iron sword he was given. Jerome was having to lean heavily against his axe. Preston was sitting on the ground, leaning back on his hands. Lachlan was carrying a sleeping Vilk on his back and looked like he might fall over. I was slouching over, using my iron sword as a cane to keep myself up.

"Why'd you have to wake us up so early you jag?" Lachlan asked as he dropped to the ground; the fall startled Vikk awake.

"Because tomorrow afternoon, we'll be opening the portal to the Nether. And we want you to be able to fight well. Now, Lachlan and Jerome. You'll be over there practicing hand to hand combat. Your goal is to use any item you have at your disposal." Syn said, gesturing to all the items surrounding the arena.

Lachlan and Jerome walked over to where he pointed and sat down, waiting for him to tell us to start.

"Vikk and Preston. You'll be working over there. You'll be practicing strategic combat. Your goal is to disarm your opponent by watching his moves and using them against them. With a game of chess of course." Syn told the two as they walked over to where a table with a chess board sat.

"And finally, Mitch and Rob. You'll be over  here practicing sword to sword battle. Your job is to get your opponent on the ground with their sword out of their reach." Syn turned to everyone else. "I hope you got all that, because you'll be switching stations after an hour. Good luck! Sparklez, Jericho, and I will be on the sidelines making sure no one get seriously hurt. There aren't any rules except don't kill each other. Now get to work!"

Me and Mitch walked over to the dueling range and grabbed the wooden swords they provided us. We turned to each other and got into a battle stance.

"So, how's the half form?" Mitch asked as we fenced a little bit.

"I'm getting used to it. Still not used to switching forms though." I replied as I blocked his left side attack. "It hurts like the Nether."

"I can imagine. I have so many friends who are known hybrids. They told me that it hurts the first few times but as you continue to change, it gets better." Mitch told me as he again swiped at my left side which I blocked easily.

"That's good to know. Preston has also helped me majorly with this. Considering he is a lava mob hybrid." I said, going for the offensive approach instead of defensive. Mitch blocked my attack.