Christmas Season

Ciao, fellow supergeeks! So since this fic will be over in roughly thirty days, I'm going to stuff some fluff up in here.

That sounded really weird.

Dean hated Christmas. Despised it. Hate, hate, hate hate hate, double hate, LOATH ENTIRELY.

However, Cas liked it. The angel liked the snow. As the white powder came down, he would trek outside, no matter what he was wearing, and dance around in it.

That's why Dean was putting up with this. An entire month early.

Cas flitted about the bunker, throwing up Christmas lights wherever he saw fit. Wreaths were hung from every door. Tinsel bobbed around walls and somewhere Sam had hidden mistletoe. A tree was put in the living room, decorated so meticulously with ornimates that Dean didn't even care say a word.

Gabe and Sam refused to prank until after New Years, saying something about it being bad karma, but Dean was happy all the same. He didn't have to double check his shampoo for dye anymore.

In fact, Gabe had taken up to baking desserts, enlisting Sammy as his helper and taste tester. Dean had to admit that the archangel was actually very  skilled at sugarwork and treats. Never thought you'd see the day, huh?

The eldest Winchester was the only one not hardcore participating. Scratch that, he wasn't even doing anything at all.

He just never really saw the point. So now he was on his bed, staring at a wall, thinking.

Mostly he was thinking about how to get Sam and Gabe together. Despite popular belief, Dean was fully aware that the two were head over heels and was actually fighting to make it happen.

Maybe that's what he'd do for Sam this year. Get him and Gabe snogging under a piece of mistletoe and boom. Best brother ever.

Except, that's what Sam had in mind, just with Dean and Cas. He was determined this season to get those two knuckleheads to grow a pair.

Gabe snapped his fingers in front of Sam, bringing him effectively out of his thoughts. He jumped back, shrieking.

"Almond divinity," declared the archangel as he placed the treat in Sam's hand. "The author's favorite, so you better damn well love it."

Sam held the turquoise candy up to his face. It wasn't smooth, instead was shard-like. He shrugged and took a bite of it, his teeth immediately sinking through the treat. It stuck to his mouth slightly, but the flavor exploded and he moaned appreciatively.

"This is delicious!" he praised. "The author's got good taste."

Gabe nodded. "Right?" He laughed. "This is the best time of year. I get to personally make candy without being completely judged."

Sam's eyes widened. "What if you opened a candy shop?"

The archangel smiled. "Some days I think that'd be nice, but I know I'll never get the apple pie life," he said, beginning to pack up the divinity.

"But you could," Sam replied. "I've always wanted the apple pie kind of life."

Gabe looked surprised. Not because of the statement, but the unintended intended double meaning. Sam bit his lip and looked away, cursing himself yet again.

***

"Cas, what even is this?"

The angel rolled his eyes. "Dean, it's called tinsel."

He frowned. "So, like, garland?"

"That's the American term, yes. In the UK, quite a few wouldn't know what garland was. They call it tinsel. Apparently there's differences, but I don't know them." Cas took the colorful material from Dean's hands and hung it up.

Dean looked around at the rest of the decorations. Nothing else to do. Except...

"Where do you think we should put the mistletoe?"

Cas gave him a confused glance. "What?"

The hunter smirked. "For our brothers," he clarified. "Where would they run into it?"

"Oh." The angel mulled this over, tapping his chin. "The library doorway would be optimal."

Dean hummed in approval and dug some out of the box. He held up, snickering. "Can't wait for those two to get their heads out of their asses."

"Everytime you say that, I think of that idiotic movie starring Will Smith," Cas muttered, shaking his head.

"Hey, that was a good one!" the Winchester defended, sticking out his tongue.

"No, it wasn't."

Dean sighed. "It's no use arguing with you." He shook the mistletoe. "I'm gonna go hang this up."

He stalked from the room, striding down the hallway. He passed by Sam, and the two stopped, giving each other suspicious looks. Dean quickly held the plant behind him.

"Whatcha doing?" the moose questioned.

"Nothing." Dean raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

Sam shook his head. "Nothing."

Giving each other one more glance, they shuffled away. The sad part was that they both went around each other so that the other couldn't see their backs, then continued backwards.

Obviously, they were both hiding something. But y'all have probably gathered that.

Dean quickly went to the library, taking the tape he had his pocket out. He held up the mistletoe and fastened it to the top of the doorway hurriedly. When he finished, he stepped back, admiring his overly used, cheesy plan.

"Like a boss ass bitch," he bragged to himself, smirking.

Poor Dean didn't know his plan was actually going to blow up in his face.

Remember how I write at midnight? Well, I've had the longest ass day ever so now I feel like I can see sounds. I'm that tired.

I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves, there's more on the way, and I appreciate you guys so so much. Thank you, and as always, I'll see you next update!

~Adrenaline Revolution