Christmas

I haven't stopped listening to Duality (the Set It Off 2014 album) and it's consuming my life. You'll probably get a lot of lyrics in here tbh.

I didn't have my phone over Christmas, so I did a combined Christmas Eve and Christmas chapter for you guys. Hope it kinda sorta makes up for the lateness...

"GUYS, IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!"

"WAIT, YOU'RE SERIOUS?"

"No, I'm Castiel."

Dean and Sam paused and looked at the angel. "Cas," Dean said, "figure of speech kind of thing again."

His eyes widened and he nodded. "I understand."

"What are we gonna do with our day?" he asked, turning back to Sam. "Something must be done."

"Joshua Dun," added Sam in agreement. "I got nothing, though. We're boring people."

Cas tilted his head. "We could have a snow day," he suggested.

The elder Winchester gasped. "Brilliant!" he yelled.

Gabe walked into the room. "What's brilliant?" he asked, his eyes going to each man.

"Snow day," Sam said dramatically, holding up his jazz hands.

***

Gabe bolted out the door, clad in warm clothes. To Sam, he looked kind of like a marshmallow and a kitten had a baby.

Allow me to explain before anyone creates fanart. Gabe's coat was pure white and fluffed out, heavy and making him look rounder. He also had on a beanie, white also, that had little cat ears.

To sum it up, the archangel looked super adorable.

Cas and Dean were also dressed warm, and the eldest Winchester was smiling at his angel. He couldn't help it if he thought Cas was cute.

"Cassie!" Gabe called from the snow. "Be cliche and make snow angels with me!"

Cas tilted his head, confused, but his eyes still shimmered with delight as he ran towards his brother. He giggled, falling to the side of Gabe and following the instructions that a hyper archangel was spouting.

Dean and Sam watched them, leaning against each other. "We just had to fall for angels, didn't we?" Sam mused, smiling fondly.

"I wouldn't trade it," Dean replied softly.

By Christmas Eve, they'd made an unspoken vow to get their angels by the new year. And by the end of Christmas day, Dean was determined to have his Castiel in his arms.

***

The next day, they all slept in. Each of them was so exhausted from yesterday that they got more sleep than they'd had in a while.

Ok, so that's a lie. Cas was too excited to sleep in.

The angel was sitting on the couch all night, staring at the tree. He was still there when Dean came in at nine thirty.

"Uh, Cas?" he said, making the angel shiver. Damn the hunter's hoarse morning voice.

He looked up at the two green eyes. "Yes, Dean?"

Dean frowned. "Have you been here long?" he asked, gesturing to the couch.

"I've been here all night," he replied.

"What for?"

Cas shrugged. "Nothing and everything."

Dean came to sit by him. "What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know much about how humans celebrate Christmas," Cas explained, looking up. "Is that something that has to do with it?"

Dean followed Cas's gaze up to the ceiling, where a strand of mistletoe, tied to a candy moose ornament, was hung. He grinned, shaking his head softly.

"Actually, Cas, that has special meaning to people around Christmas," he said.

Cas turned back to face him. "It does?"

Dean nodded, sliding closer. "Any two people that are under mistletoe have to kiss."

The angel's eyes widened. "We have to-"

He didn't finish his sentence. Dean had gently cupped his face, colliding their lips in a soft kiss. Cas gasped and soon kissed back, Dean tugging him into his lap to deepen it.

The angel wound his arms around Dean's neck as the hunter's went to his waist. Their kiss went on, fiery and loving, until Dean had to draw back slightly for air.

Cas smiled. "I assume that was more than the mistletoe?" he questioned, voice husky.

Dean laughed. "That was me saying I fell in love with you, Cas."

"I love you, too, Dean."

From the hallway, a moose and a trickster high fived each other, smirking at their brothers.

I would have had a longer one on Christmas, but I didn't have my phone. Sorry about that, guys. New Years Sabriel though... *wink wonk*

~Addie