Anticipation

"N-Naomi, maybe...", Mateo cut in and then broke off, watching his friend 'adjust' the telescope with squeaks and clicks from the dial.

Naomi even frowned slightly at it, "You clean this thing?".

"Yes", Mateo answered simply, refraining from a sigh but then shaking his head amused. It was just how Naomi was.

"Oh, wow...it all looks great!", Elena said as she walked up, not talking about the one telescope of course, but the lights and such which would give enough light to aid seeing the meteor shower but not too much.

She was sort of complimenting Armando, since he was the one doing it, or finishing up.

"Thank You Princess Elena", the Chief of the Castle said as he quickly climbed down the ladder and inspected his own work. "Yep, I say that should about do it".

"Yeah, now let's just hope there's no Meteor Moth person", Naomi said, making her hands mock claws like one would to scare kids, and referencing the whole Eclipse fiasco.

"T-There's not", Mateo gave that small smile of his and shook his head.

"Yeah, not everything has an ancient curse associated with it...thankfully", Elena said, muttering the last.

"Well there was the time the Maur-", Mateo cut himself off before he went into lore people didn't care about again. Naomi and Elena just smiled. "But no, meteors are...just that" he finished.

"Yeah, unless you believe Mrs. Sans really saw an evil mist come out of a hole in the ground", Naomi went on, but smiling to show she didn't. Elena turned a quizzical look between her and Mateo.

The latter smiled, "Uh, we were...six and...gullible, and she was trying to scare us"

"Heard she actually got to you", Naomi grinned over to Mateo again, nudging him. There was a secret knowledge behind this story that had the Royal Wizard grimacing discomfited and quickly muttering something and going over to see about Naomi's telescope placement. The Harbor Master's daughter didn't need Elena to smile over to her to catch her mis-step. "To far...yeah, I'll go apologize...", she walked over to the telescope and Mateo.

"I did not know Meteor's got the attention of visiting nobles", Francisco said as he, Luisa and Isabel walked up, just jesting of course. Elena laughed as she turned to him, "Well they are near enough", she added, continuing the jest. Francisco just chuckled.

"You're sure you feel alright to be out this late Mijita?", Luisa walked up closer and took up both of Elena's hands. Ever since finding out she was magical, her grandmother acted like Elena was going to faint at any given moment. Ok...there were reasons for that.

"Yes, Abuela", Elena smiled, reassuring. "Zuzo really helped Mateo and I make progress today. I...would have blasted him if he didn't move", she then realized that statement made little sense, "He...asked me to...and it went where it was supposed to". Still only explained so far. Elena's grand parents just smiled though, they understood there were parts they weren't going to understand.

Having Naomi there for that session today (after Mateo briefly whispered how she left left out, he thought, and so got Elena 100% on board due to her own feelings of guilt) had been interesting though, the councilwoman acting as almost cheerleader and helping tease Zuzo...much to the sprit guides chagrin and thus Elena and Mateo's amusement.

Servants brought drinks and snacks behind the royal family's entrance and as she glanced about, Elena found both that most of the guest were milling about and twilight was expanding. So almost time for it all. "Well, speech time again, and I know more words not to say this time so...should be a piece of cake". Finally. Elena looked forward to an event where nothing actually went wrong. It would be nice to see how she handled such calm.

Stepping over and picking up the scepter again, giving it a small smile for all her progress, Elena walked over towards a small little platform set up so that all could see her in the lingering light and before the shower.