Searching a Solution

It was a toss up for who between the two of them had the harder job. Naomi informing everyone else or Mateo scrolling through books looking for an answer.

Luisa had at first gasped with the news, like any good grandmother would have, but then, and perhaps still within the actions of good grandmothers, she frowned. "If it's that moth lady again I'm going to..."

"I really don't think it is", Naomi cut in, "It seems...well, to be the meteor itself, and that magical fog. Near as we can tell. It did something to the Scepter".

"Well, then it must be removed from the castle, at once", Francisco said, and not thinking through what exactly he said, and only thinking of Elena and her safety. Sure, the Sceptar was a magical item with years of Avalorian history, but if it was a danger.

"That's...uh...not so easy...", Naomi began, trying to come about to the other part of what she had to say. Gabe rocked on his heels nervously, and she couldn't help thinking he could do a bit more helping, though he quickly got to it.

"It's, um, trapped, along with her, not in anything bad, and just...paused as it were".

"Mateo's looking for a solution as we speak", Naomi added. Both teens going for Least Worrying in their news delivery and information giving. Luisa turned her worried look back over to Francisco as she, and they, took this in.

The young Royal Wizard was as skilled as his grandfather, they both knew, and Francisco thought through how he was also the best hope at this time. "He has all of Alikazar's books...but let me just make sure". Raul had dealt most with the then Royal Wizard but Francisco was knowledgable about the castle as well, perhaps even more so.

Plus he had to do something.

"If it's not in the library, then we can check in with Mateo and...". And see what else they could do...

All four turned and made their way back in, passing Cid, whom Gabe kept on guard outside, taking guarding Elena's frozen form himself, trusting the other guards, but this being Elena.

Francisco, Luisa and Naomi were tearing apart the library, though Naomi didn't know what they were looking for, when Mateo reappeared and they all glanced to him, holding a book. "Anything?", Naomi asked. His look wasn't promising, nor his head shake.

"Not really...curse potions are...specific, and...I can modify one, but it will take a while to make...I just...wanted to check back in. I can try that". He glanced to Naomi and then Francisco and Luisa, awaking their permission as it were for what to try on their granddaughter.

Francisco nodded, "We trust you Mateo, if you think it best".

He didn't, not really, but again, it was all he could think. He nodded. "I'll...unfreeze her when it's ready and...".

"I'll try to take the scepter, just in case", Naomi instantly volunteered.

"And I will try to...hold her if...", Francisco began. Mateo knew reminding him it could be dangerous was useless, he just nodded, and went back to his workshop.

{This is too short for the wait, sorry guys, I tried to continue, but the whole freeing Elena fiasco seemed to deserve its own chapter! And that is Coming!}