The Revolt

Mateo and Naomi didn't need to be told what had happened, they saw, almost the moment they'd reached the upper levels of the castle, that the mob moved locations, going into the castle! "Oh no!", Naomi grabbed and threw one of the flimsy type potion bottles, and it broke along some of the people, but not enough to tell if it did anything! And the mob kept moving!

"We have to get down there and warn Elena!", Mateo turned to change directions and rush back inside the castle as well, Naomi following.

"If she missed that noise...", but the harbor master's daughter didn't finish her statement. Mateo of course had his Tamborita at the ready, and good thing as they descended down into chaos! Gabe, Elena and Isabel were surrounded by the majority of the guard force of Avalor, who pointed their spears but thankfully did nothing else. Francisco and Luisa stood with their hands on either of their granddaughters' shoulders, bravely facing the mob as they would any foe, though they knew these people were their friends if in their right minds.

Cid and the other five of the unaffected guards were already overwhelmed by their comrades anyway and tied up. And Esteban was just being grabbed himself as he argued with Captain Sandoval, who didn't even need to use his few words to snap his fingers and nod meaningfully to some of the other affected guards, who gripped the Chancellor's wrists.

"Captain! Wait, no!", Mateo darted down the main staircase, still trying to ponder his actions. Again, he couldn't start throwing spells at those not in their right minds...could he? And yet if he didn't...

Naomi scanned, glad to see neither her father or Mateo's mother seemed in the affected Revolutionaries. Again, it probably wasn't everyone in Avalor but it was enough, and for the moment! Not that if either of their parents had been there, Naomi would have paused her actions, but she might have thought about it. As it was, she had no hesitation in darting back up the steps and into the library, but for some rope she'd thankfully brought and set aside in a chair. Rope was just always handy, and for her work.

She then rushed back to help her own friends the only way she knew how, and prepared up a lasso to throw if need be. It was perhaps Needed Being...Mateo had apparently already been forced to toss out his Talact spell, given the half frozen crowd, and no doubt would have thrown some of the potions with him, if it weren't for those unfrozen ganging up also and taking his Tamborita!

"Hey!", Naomi threw her lasso, trapping those with the Tamborita, but not those with Mateo (she couldn't do both!), but in case they knew spells...or...actually they probably didn't. Still, she was working on the latter half and saving her friend(s) also. Once pulling the Tamborita to her, she swung again, aiming to pull one of the main ones attempting to pin Mateo aside. It gave the wizard just enough room to dart through and Naomi handed him his Tamborita as they got to higher ground.

"This isn't...working...", was obvious at this point, though Mateo still panted it out. Naomi placed two fists either side of her head trying to think. They could keep volleying potions at the mob...but how long before they were captured themselves? No the trick was to remain un-captured as long as possible.

"There's got to be a back door to the castle! Come on! We are going to find every single villager who is not affected, we'll start with my father!", she grabbed Mateo's hand and pulled him along.

"But...how do you know he's not affected?", Mateo asked. It was possible of course, she'd come from home same as he had from his.

Naomi scoffed, "Please, if there's one person in all of Avalor who no curse affects, it's my father!".

That somehow made sense, Mateo had to admit as he followed Naomi, hoping they'd be able to end this soon.