In the Castle

Finally finally, Naomi, Mateo, Captain Turner and the slight reinforcement group they had (but with better reinforcement option in the form of the potions) reached the castle and were able to nudge through the front doors due to the lack of anybody about. They were all dealing with the next stage of their revolt and plan.

"Where would they be?", Naomi wondered, glancing about.

"They said something about the waterfall", the latest freed guard said, rushing up behind.

"Waterfall...", Naomi frowned, "the one...below the castle?".

The guard nodded, "Yes, they figured...Shuriki perished there, why not...use it as the...well". He didn't have to finish, or find an official title.

Captain Turner sighed, "And they'll be harder to reach there..". He realized and said.

"We can still try!", Naomi darted off with all good intention to find the way to the lower slopes of the waterfall, and stop the mob, when she paused on the knowledge that she didn't in fact know how they would go about getting down there...

Catching on, and only partly slackening his pace, Mateo turned, "I know of a door that should let out there, it was in my grandfather's notebook; this way!".

"But how did everyone else know of it?", Naomi had to wonder as she and her father followed; the other guard going to make sure the castle was clear of affected, and hand out the potion laced drinks if so.

"I'm not sure if they did, for all we know they hiked down that way", Mateo speculated, and without being able to ask the guard. Either-way, it hardly mattered, but the door and stairs would help them! Reaching said doorway, at the back corridor and hallway of the castle, Mateo tried it and found, surprisingly, it opened. Hopefully Elena and her grandparents knew it was here, and it wasn't some forgotten breach in security.

As if reading his thoughts, Naomi nodded, "I'll make seeing about this door and any keys Item One with the Council, next meeting".

Mateo only went down half the stairs before he paused, glancing back up to the Turners, "It's too narrow", he whispered, "the cart won't fit, we'll have to...pass them".

"Here, hold on", Naomi next came down, squeezing past Mateo and then surveying the small spot they had before they were seen by any of those down and around the corner and on the perilous slopes near the running water. "Yeah, this will work...dad...take the cups off, then tip the tray and hand it down here and we can pass the cups again and get them here and then hand them out".

It wasn't the best plan, but it was their only one. Looking non-too-happy about the Councilwoman's plan (and that somehow that child always managed to make trouble for her specifically) Dona Paloma nonetheless helped Captain Turner remove the cups before passing the tray to the two teens, who set it at the bottom, then came back up the steps, Naomi at top passing down to Mateo who then placed them back on the tray.

"What are you doing?", a voice asked.