Bit by Bit

The quartet of rescuers hurried down the docks and then streets of Avalor as fast as they could while still ensuring the cart and all the potions made it. Well...most of them. "One moment...please...", Dona Paloma was not used to hurrying quite so fast even when it was important, like opening up her shop for important customers. When that was the case she ensured she was well prepared ahead of time!

Of course running about with the Councilwoman, Wizard or Princess even tended to put her in these situations!

With a frustrated sigh, Naomi turned, "You know we don't actually need you so...", she was about to tell the woman she could wait here, when her father put his hand on her shoulder, pausing his daughter, before facing Dona Paloma again.

"We do need you, Dona Paloma, all the hands that can help distribute the cure as fast as can be are needed", he corrected, before turning to continue along the streets, Naomi and Mateo at his heels and both having only half paused.

With a puff, and then another in take of air, Dona Paloma followed. They had come across a few of the other citizens and villagers along their trek, and distributed the potion as they could, gaining some assistance by this.

Mateo wasn't sure if he and Naomi had actually hit anyone back in the castle; maybe they had but any aiders had been quickly nullified and contained.

Explaining got easier also as they "grew their ranks", and before, Captain Turner had done most of it, Mateo and Naomi eager to get to the castle and stop...anything bad.

Finally they all made it to the castle gates, and Mateo and Naomi slowed their rush to keep an eye out for resistance. They didn't need to look far, but thankfully it was a random guard on guarding duty, not Rico, though all might recall how fervently the two had opposed the revolt.

"Good afternoon, Private", Captain Turner somehow knew his exact rank, when not even Naomi could recall it...although despite being on the Council she didn't keep up enough to know any beyond Gabe and Captain Sandoval. Even after everything in Enchancia that time she'd gone, she at times forgot Cid's name and couldn't tell you his last name.

The guard gave Captain Turner his full attention with the address, as had been the Harbor Master's intent, yet then stood straighter, "No one is to get through, Sir", he said, then hesitating, "...and...you'll forgive me, there are rumors on your daughter's alliances and so...".

He was still polite to her father, and so Naomi wondered if he was...half-affected. Was that a thing? She leaned over to whisper her question to Mateo. The Royal Wizard pondered it. "I'm not sure...", he said, "...but maybe, half-dose?".

It was a risk, but the Wizard poured half of the drink out discreetly (in another container to not waste and at this critical time!) before handing it to Dona Paloma. Given his words, the guard probably wouldn't take anything from them, even Captain Turner.

Taking her cue from the motion, Dona Hortensia Paloma took the cup and approached the guard, doing the best sales pitch of her life!

"Private...", she couldn't recall this one's name, didn't know most of the None-Importants of the castle, but maybe that title alone was enough... "may I just say, what a wonderful job you are doing out here? Here", she handed the cup, "we were just going around, distributing some of my famous Aqua Frescas", she showed the cup.

Naomi leaned over to whisper to Mateo and her father, "How does she get to just suddenly take credit so fast?". Both motioned to shush her, though, in case either heard. The three then watched again. Dona Paloma got the guard to take the cup...and then...success! He drank it! They all then watched him again for effect.

He shook his head, "C-Captain Turner...what was I just saying?", he seemed confused on that point.

The Harbor Master clapped the other on the shoulder, "It doesn't matter, son, just that you can now help us".

The other blinked, and then his eyes widened. "Y-yes, of course...the rebellion!", without another word he lead the way up and in, thankfully there being only one on guard.