Chapter 7

Friday; game day. I hurried down to the field at four, even though the game didn't start till seven. I needed to get a good seat so I could yell at the coach if he didn't put Silas in. And as bad as it is; I wanted to get a closer look at Jude and Kyle. I texted Angelina to meet me down here at four, but she said there was no way she was going to sit here for an extra three hours. I reminded her the stands fill up fast and she said to text her when people started showing up. I sat there on my phone for a good half hour, until I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked over and Jude sat there with a happy smile. The side of his face had a little bit of a bruise left from his and Kyle's fight the previous week. Jude was already wearing his red and white football padding on his chest and legs and a pair of running shoes.

"Hey, gorgeous." He greeted in a sweet voice. "Excited for the game I see." I looked over at the field and saw coach Martin and a few of the football guys walking to the sidelines carrying equipment; they too wore their football padding.

I smiled. "You know it." I looked back at coach Martin and saw him holding a clipboard which I assumed to be the roster. I scowled and looked back at Jude. "Is he still planning on benching Silas?"

He sighed. "That's what it looks like, unfortunately." He replied and shot me a sympathetic half smile. "But if I had to guess, he'll only play the new guy for a little bit and then he'll put your brother in." I smiled widely. "But that's only my best guess."

I looked down for a moment in thought. "What do you know about new guy?" I asked; sounding like a FBI investigator. "And how good is Killian Lawrence?"

"Killian's really good." Jude stated. "He and your brother are pretty evenly stacked though. But Killian is faster and on record catches more balls."

"Are you and Killian friends?" I asked, and then smirked. "Obviously, you don't get along with Kyle." I noted and reached out and gently touched his bruised cheek.

"No, not really." He replied. "I mean, I don't hate Killian or anything, we just don't talk much with him being on the other side of the ball and everything." He stated. "Most of my good friends on the team are on defense."

I nodded in understanding. "Okay, now what about new guy." I pressed.

Jude let out a gust of air. "Well, all I know about him is he's a sophomore and has a good pair of hands and feet."

I frowned. "Better than my brother's?"

Jude leaned in closer to me. "Not a chance." He grinned. He stayed in the leaned forward position for a while. I couldn't look away from his sparkly, blue eyes. He leaned in closer and kissed my cheek; then looked into my eyes. My face grew hotter by the minute and the warmth spread over the rest of my body. "Your brother will play and we're going to win." He said with a confident smile. I was so tempted just to lean in and kiss him until the game started, but I knew I couldn't. Not for that long anyway. I leaned in and softly brushed my lips against his. His lips turned up in a small smile and then I crashed my lips into his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started playing with the little curls of hair at the bottom of his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and our kissing continued. He lips were so soft, he smelt so good, and his warm hands on me felt like being cuddled under a blanket in front of the fireplace with hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. I couldn't stop if I wanted to; I had no control over my lips anymore. Without hesitation and without breaking the kiss, I got up from my seat and sat down on his lap; straddling him. I placed my hands on his face and began running my fingers through his hair. This continued on for a few more minutes, until he backed away. "Nova..." He spoke in a whisper with a smile. "We can't do this."

I sat up straight and looked at him confused. "Why not?"

He chuckled. "Well, for one thing about half of the football team is down there and I'm almost positive most of them witnessed that."