Chapter 10

In preparation for my night with Jude that night I had; picked apart my entire wardrobe for the perfect outfit, shaved every part of my body about ten times, borrowed some of Angelina's perfume, and spent extra long on my makeup.

"You look great." Angelina assured me as I studied myself in the mirror for the thousandth time. I turned and faced her. "And remember, Jude is a great guy; he's not going to care what you look like. He's crazy about you already." She told me with a smirk.

I smiled. "How do you know that?"

She placed a hand on my shoulder. "I have eyes and ears everywhere." She told me with a smirk. "I know everything."

I smirked back at her, then looked at the time on my phone. "I should probably get going." I told her while letting out a deep exhale. "I'm meeting him at Two Scoops." Two Scoops was our on-campus ice cream parlor. They made their own ice cream and it was to die for.

"I love the place." Angelina replied. "Mind if I tag along?" She joked.

I chuckled. "Yes, I mind! This is our first date type thing." I said and turned back around and looked at myself in the mirror.

Angelina stepped behind me and looked at me through the mirror. "Oh, so you're officially dating now, huh." She stated in a teasing tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I guess." I replied in a quiet voice.

She smirked. "Well, can I give you a word of advice?" She asked. I nodded and turned around. "Choose Jude." She told me flatly.

I looked at her confused. "Why?"

She put her hands on her hips. "Because Kyle is a lying, scumbag according to Killian." She said defensively. "You know, the guy who's known him his entire life."

I sighed. "Well, Kyle says the same thing about Killian." I replied. "One of them is obviously lying."

Angelina nodded. "And it's not Killian. He likes you and doesn't want to see you get hurt by Kyle." She told me in a kind voice. "Why don't you be with Jude so you can just avoid all of that?"

I shrugged. "Well, Jude doesn't exactly have the best track record around here."

She smirked. "Then why are you going out with him?" She asked knowingly. I didn't say anything. "Because you are kind and trusting, and you want to give people the benefit of the doubt. You want to let people prove themselves outside of what people say about them." She said with a smile, but then elbowed me. "Plus, he's smoking hot and you know in your heart of hearts that you'd hate yourself if you didn't jump on the Jude train." She said and snickered. I scoffed and swatted her arm. "So, are you going to pick Jude?" She pressed with a wide smile.

I shook my head and crossed my arms. "I'm not picking anyone yet." I told her. "And Kyle is a really great guy, too." I said with a smile.

She rolled her eyes. "As far as you know." She replied and walked over to her bed.

I sighed. "Okay, well I'm going to get going now." I told her as I made my way toward the door.

She smirked. "Have fun." She replied with a wink. I rolled my eyes and left the room. I walked down to the quad in the direction of Two Scoops. That's when I saw Silas. Oh no.

"Hey." He greeted. He eyed me up and down. "Where are you going looking like that?" He asked with a frown. "I don't like it."

I rolled my eyes and shot him a smile. "It's just a new outfit that I wanted to try on." I said in a reassuring voice.

He crossed his arms and had an unpleased look on his face. "Is that so?" He asked. I nodded and crossed my arms back at him. "I distinctly remember you wearing that shirt at your graduation party." He said in a sure voice. My heart stopped. "I remember because I was upset about it then, too."