Chapter 13

"Nova! Nova! Nova!" I looked behind me to see May running toward me at top speed with a giant smile on her face. "I've been looking for you everywhere!" She said as she approached me. "I have to tell you something!" She was out of breath and gripped her side in pain. She took a few more deep breaths before grabbing my arm.

"Are you going to make it?" I asked with a chuckle.

She nodded. "Yeah." She stood up straight; her happy smile never wavering. "Okay!" She exclaimed. "I just overheard Kyle talking to one of his friends about you!" She let out a squeal.

I smiled, but didn't know why she was this excited about it. "What did he say?" I asked with a small laugh from her excitement.

She held up a finger and let out another squeal. "He said that he has never felt this way about a girl before and that he thinks you two could make it for the long haul." She informed me loudly. I smiled. "And that's not even the best part!" She added louder yet. "He said," She closed her eyes to collect herself; but when she opened her eyes I could see that it didn't help in the slightest. "That he thinks he's falling in LOVE with you!" She yelled and squealed the loudest she had yet.

I blinked in surprise. "He said that?" I asked in a quiet voice.

She nodded frantically. "And he meant it." She assured me. "I could hear it in his voice." I looked down at the ground with a smile I couldn't stop. She cleared her throat and I looked up at her. "With that being said," She said with her arms crossed. "Why the fuck are you still messing around with Jude?"

I let out a sigh and began walking again with her at my side. "May, I like them both. I'll make my decision soon."

She scoffed. "Well, it better be Kyle." She told me firmly. "If you don't put a ring on that, I will." She told me with a grin.

I laughed. "Oh, so now I have to marry one of them." I commented.

She shook her head. "Not one of them; Kyle."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's take this one day at a time." I gave her a serious look. "It just makes me nervous because either Kyle or Killian is lying and both of them seem honest."

May groaned. "Well, it's obviously Killian." She said in a sure voice. "Kyle is the most honest guy I've ever met." I didn't say anything to that. "And Angelina has been telling you to be with Jude since she started seeing Killian and Killian keeps trying to push you away from Kyle." She commented. "I don't know, something about this whole thing doesn't sit right with me."

I shook my head. "So, you think Killian is trying to set me up with Jude?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Kind of seems that way to me."

I stopped walking abruptly. "But why?" I asked; almost getting angry now. "Killian and Jude aren't even friends."

May raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you sure about that?"

I shook my head at the ridiculousness of the question. "Yes, I'm sure." I replied firmly. "Why the hell would they lie about being friends?"

She groaned. "I don't know, Nova." She replied flatly. "My advice from the first time I met you still rings true; stay away from Jude Simon." Her excitement about overhearing Kyle's conversation seemed to be gone now as she looked down at the ground. "Alright, I got to go; but I'll talk to you later."

I gave her a small smile. "Alright, bye." Then, she turned and went in the direction she had come from.

I was headed toward my dorm in hopes of going to sleep and staying asleep for the night. Class exhausted me and now with the extra thoughts May had given me I was even more tired. When I got back to my dorm, Killian and Angelina were in there talking and laughing. "Hey, Nova!" Angelina greeted through her laughter.