Chapter 6

Angelina was the popular one who usually knew where the parties were at each night; but tonight, she hadn't heard if there was one or not.

"Do you just want to go get some food?" Angelina asked as we wandered the quad aimlessly. I was still uneasy about going into the cafeteria after the Jude/Silas debacle, but I decided that I was being ridiculous; plus, I was extremely hungry. May and I quickly agreed on this and we made our way to the cafeteria.

When we walked in, the cafeteria was abuzz with conversation. People were talking loudly, laughing, and being obnoxious, of course. We made our way to the food and I was happy that I hadn't attracted any attention to myself. I looked around in the sea of faces half expecting to see Silas sitting somewhere, but he wasn't. I loved him, of course, but I was not up for him causing another scene if a guy approached me.

The three of us paid for our food and sat down at a nearby table. We talked for a while before Angelina took an unexpected inhale. She looked passed May and I. "That's Kyle Lawrence." She said in a quiet voice. I casually turned around and instantly saw a familiar face. I turned back around.

I leaned forward. "I know him." I whispered. "He harassed me outside the cafeteria yesterday!" I informed them. Jude had saved me when Kyle and his friends cornered me.

"That doesn't surprise me." May said under her breath. "But believe it or not, he's the less awful of the Lawrence twins." She told me.

I nodded. "That's what Silas said."

Angelina groaned loudly. "What do you mean the less awful of the Lawrence twins?" She asked bitterly. "Killian is an amazing guy." She defended.

May didn't say anything. "Hey!" I spoke cheerfully. "Did you know that my brother and Killian are competing for the starting wide receiver spot?" I asked with a grin. "He kind of hates him."

Angelina chuckled. "Oh, yeah. I'm aware." She spoke with a smirk.

I downed the rest of my soda and crushed it before tossing it on my plate. "Anyone need anything thrown away?" I asked as I got up from the table. May handed me her empty soda can and smiled.

"Can you get me another one while you're up?" She asked with a cheesy grin.

I smirked. "Sure." I walked over to the garbage can and dumped the contents of my hands in it. Then I walked over to the soda machine. Before I could put my dollar into the machine, someone had leaned up on the other side of it. It was Kyle.

"Ah, the infamous soda machine." He spoke in a cocky voice as he patted it. "Am I going to be lucky enough to get a beating from Parker?"

I rolled my eyes and stuck the dollar into the machine. "Leave me alone, Kyle." I grumbled; and punched my choice into the machine.

His face lit up in a smile. "Oh, you know me." I grabbed the soda and turned and faced him with a blank expression on my face. "That's good; we can skip all the formalities then."

"Go away." I demanded as I put another dollar into the machine.

He sighed. "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I'm not a bad guy." He told me in a sincere voice that made me glance over at him. "Maybe we could hang out sometime." He spoke hopefully with a nice smile.

I huffed. "Thanks, but no thanks." I replied flatly. "I have enough boy problems as it is." I selected my soda and it came tumbling to the bottom.

"Well, I don't have to be a problem." He spoke hopefully. I just stared back at him with a bored expression on my face. "Come on, give me one shot." He pleaded with a puppy dog face.