I

School Sucks

Beeeeeep!

I turn around just in time to see a speeding black car zip along the school's parking lot. My eyes are glued open and my breathing is ragged. The car pulls into a spot along the school's brick wall and leaves the motor running, creating white noise. Until the driver stops the motor and walks away. 

I close my eyes and even my breath out until Im okay. I glance up the at the building and see the proud lettering of the school's name. Pacifico Vultures. Next to the words is a beak of a bird. Vultures.Aren't they those birds that eat dead animals? I shiver in disgust and walk into the school. 

New kids walk left and right like a herd of cows, and I have to ask a few for the directions to the front office. They give me a once over then point me in the direction. After five minutes I walk into the school's office and smell papers and computers. The ladies here are talking when I go in, so I end up clearing my voice a couple of times before they notice me. One stands up and grins. 

"Oh you must be America. Here's all your information for today and the rest of the year. Good luck." She wishes me then goes back to her conversation. 

"Thank you." My voice croaks. I walk out of the office and follow the hoard of people until I get ot lockers. I count down the locker numbers until I reach mine. I walk up to the faded blue color and twist my lock. 

After a couple of tries the locker wont open. Open open. I'm getting the code right but when I pull it the locker wont budge. I sit there and tug on my locker for a few, until backing away. I look down the empty hall and realize the bell must've run. It's all empty until a boy walks down the hall whistling. 

"Hey." I call. He turns around and adjusts his glasses. 

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me with my locker?" I ask pointing to it. He walks back over to me and reads my locker number. 

"Oh you have the sticker locker."

"What?"

"You know, the locker that always sticks?"

"No, Im new." I explain. The boy nods then kicks my locker. 

"Enter your combination now." He demands. I nod and enter it in. I shake under his gaze for a few until I finally pull the thing up and my locker pulls open. 

"Hey! Thanks you!" I grin as I see the empty and bent inside. I look to see the boy walking away whistling again. I guess Ill have to kick this from now on. I quickly put my books away and pull away only to notice the inside of the door has a ton of stickers. I guess it's called the sticker locker for more than one reason. I see names sprawled on the locker and an extra sheet of blank stickers conveniently stuck up. 

I smile as I write my name quickly before sticking the sticker right in the middle. 

America Rose Wilde.

I look at my schedule and read what books Ill need before shutting my locker. I swear I can hear something clank, but ignore it and walk down the halls. 

I scan the numbers on the walls looking for the room I'll walk in late to. I find it and pull open the door. The whole class looks at me, including the old teacher. 

"You must be America." He smile and gestures to a seat in the back. "You can sit there for now." I nod and walk to the back with my head down ignoring the looks I'm getting. I settle in the back and look up to the board to see the teacher writing stuff down I don't understand. Looks like this will be a long day.