XXII (2)

A/N

So the chapters start out the same way, but end differently, enjoy!

~*~

Aftermath of Madness--Take 2

Weeks pass like a train going down a track: nonstop and fast. West and I have been talking more, and I think we are getting close again. Kyle doesn't look at me when I go over Cassina with West to get all his belongings because he's moving out, and going somewhere south. That's another reason I'm getting close to him again. He and Kyle will be split up. Jax is pretty sad about his best friends splitting up, but most of the time he's with Jen.

I can sense that everyone is splitting apart and branching in their own directions. Some are going to college some aren't. Kyle stays over Kendall's house for weeks at times. Beth and John are never apart. Jamie and I sometimes talk, but not much. Andy and Dallas talk, and it turns out they like each other! I'm so happy for them. When Dallas told me he was going to try and hook up with Andy I screamed and hugged him. But now, Dallas is moving away from me also. It's sad, really.

My parents got home from their adventure and were tanner than me. Mom talked about how dad almost got kicking in the nuts by a kangaroo because he saw an armadillo and wanted to take a photo of it. Although a kangaroo was there and starts throwing karate moves at my dad. I wish there was a video, but there's not.

Actually, the happiest thing going on in my life right now, is my parents are more in love than ever.

It reminds me of when Blake and I were dating, and how now we haven't talked to each other in ages. Its like he left all over again. And when I realized it, I cried. I'm ashamed to admit that, but I did.

Right now, I'm sitting on my couch, watching the TV blankly while chewing on my nails. My hair is a greasy rats nest and my eyes have purple spots underneath them. For some reason, I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or talk to anyone. I only talk over text with West and Beth sometimes. In school, I'm failing almost every subject. Moms really worried about me, and dad and she are trying to figure out whats wrong. Truthfully, I have no idea. 

Suddenly, my phone rings on the wooden table in front of me. I lean forward, cracking my bones in the process. My phone reveals a text from Beth. She says I better shower and look presentable in the next fifteen minutes. My mind runs, trying to figure out what she means. I ask why to her, but she just sends me a winking emoji and says Ill see. Whatever that means. 

Anyway, I sit up from the couch and shut off the television, deciding I should shower. Once I'm out of the shower, I run a comb through my hair. I slide on a clean shirt and some denim jeans. Seconds after I put my socks on, I hear the doorbell ring. I wonder if its Beth, but then shake that thought away. I fly down the stairs, practically tripping on my feet to the door. I've been so lonely. Granted, that was my fault. 

When I open the door, my smile instantly loses a little happiness. Standing before me is West, in all his glory. His hair is messy, but his eyes are still bright. He grins when he sees me. 

"Mare," he sighs, almost relieved as he sees me. Hearing my nickname, my heart instantly picks up. 

"Yeah? What are you doing?" 

"Seeing you. I have to ask you something." I nod, letting him in the house as I do so. He walks in slowly and looks around. Shame crawls up my spine when he sees the littered cans. I don't expect him to walk over and pick a wrapper up, but he does just that. He throws it away before turning to me. "How are you?" He asks as he slides his jacket off. I run a hand through my wet hair before responding. 

"I'm holding on. But otherwise good," I grin at him. A few moments alone and I already feel happier around West. He's always had that effect on me. I've dreamt of West a couple of times. He was there, smiling and happy, instead of being dark and broody. Unlike Kyles dreams, West and I laugh and have a fun time in them. I shrugged it off as just friends, but now I wonder if there's a part of me that doesn't think of West as a friend and something else. I mean, after all, we have kissed before. And I really enjoyed it. I do like West. 

"That's good." West pauses and stares at me. We stare for a little bit before he steps closer to me. I instantly hold my breath and reach out to run my fingers against the soft fabric of his shirt. West sends me a reassuring smile. I don't know why I do it, but I grip the collar of his shirt and pull him close to me. So close our breath mix. 

"I think I like you." I tell West, whispering to him. West lets out a relieved sigh before whispering back to me. 

"I know I love you, so that's a good thing," West chuckles in my ear. Heat runs down my neck, but not from anything we said. It's just that Wests chuckle, so close to me, it woke something within me. Hearing him say he loves me makes something even better glow inside of me. My insides jump in happiness and my eyes shine with unshed tears. I'm so happy. For the first time in awhile, my chest doesn't feel like an elephant is sat on it, looking innocently at me. 

"You love me?" I look up, smirking. West licks his lips from nerves before nodding. I watch his face for a moment before slowly inching closer. The closer our mouths come, the stronger the spark becomes. I remember this thing. I felt it when I last kissed him. 

When his soft lips finally hit mine, we pause. It seems as if everything pauses around us, and then we move. It becomes a frantic yet gentle kiss. My hands move on their own accord, sliding up and into his hair. 

"I want to be with you," West whispers to me before kissing down my neck. I tilt my neck back for him to get better access. "I love you." He says. My heart feels warm as I hear this again. He does love me. I meet his eyes and then kiss him again. I stroke his cheek lightly, pulling away slightly to speak.

"I want to be with you too, West," I say, my voice incredibly soft. Wests hands move down to my waist, stroking my skin inside of my shirt. I sigh against his lips and pull him closer to me. This is definitely the most heated moment I've had before. 

"I guess we have to make a few changes with my future," West teases before his hands crawl down to my thighs. In a quick second, he has my legs wrapped around him and he is walking with ease up my stairs. I watch as we get higher and higher, my smiling going higher in the corners as we walk. 

"Yes we do," I agree. This was definitely not a part of Wests plan. But then again, what is a plan without a few detours? Especially such magnificent detours. West places me on my bed and then crawls over me. We kiss more before he pulls back grinning. 

I place my head on my hand, my elbow digging into my bed. "What?" I ask. I run my hands down his chest, feeling this is moving a little fast. But its West. Everything about him is fast and exhilarating. 

"Nothing. It's just..." West looks over at me before continuing. He looks at me with such love I get unbalanced on my elbow. "I finally have something no one else has."

"Oh yeah?" I smirk. My mind flashes back to the night the boys fought. I shake it out of my head, wanting to savor this happy moment. 

"Yes. I finally have something to love. Something that Kyle doesn't have." Hearing Kyles name puts a snake in my stomach. Luckily, it rolls over and dies when West looks up at me with his gorgeous eyes. 

"Mare," West grins. "I really, really, really, love you," he whispers to me. His hands carve circles in my side, making me giggle a few times. I want to say I love you back to him, but I feel as if its too soon. Afterall, everything just happened a few weeks ago. But oh, what the hell? I finally have something solid in my life with happiness obviously in my future, that being West. 

"I love you too," I say, my insides practically flipping as I wait for a reaction. All I get is a huge grin and then he is suddenly flipping us around. I giggle, feeling true happiness. God, I've missed it.

~*~

A/N

Yay! A happy ending. I really hope you guys enjoyed this book if not...check out my other books. It would be helpful if you could. Nah, it's alright. Anyway, I hope you guys are happy with this ending. If I've missed anything out, just fill it in with your own mind because I am officially done with this book. Adios!

~MTBB