V

Party Hard 

Loud music bangs so hard it vibrates the floor, straight to my bones. Strobe lights flash in corners and colorful lights move in all directions.

Unlike some people, I like parties. I like them, not love them. Ive gone to a few in my old school for a joke and crap, but mostly to get drunk since underage drinking always happened there. Like it is now. 

Red solo cups line the floor and all shelves. I'd rather not drink today. Dad would kill me. And Ive been known to become a complete slut when I have a bit too much. 

Back to me liking parties. I like the thrill of loud music and dancing like your life depends on it. I love the way you become someone you're usually not when you're with people who most likely won't remember a thing the next morning. 

Kyle runs off with his blond from the cafeteria (I kinda forgot her name). Which reminds me, when I got back from putting Kyles jersey on earlier, I asked Beth why I was wearing Kyles shirt if he had a girlfriend. Beth then corrected me that they didn't date and were more like...fuckers. Meaning they get busy whenever they want. Ew.

Right now Beth and I are on the dance floor while my lemonade slips from my cup and sloshes on the floor. I laugh with Beth as she makes weird faces and gets low to the floor as Low by Flo Rida comes on. We dance like weirdos and belt out the lyrics. 

Next thing you know Shawty got low low low low low low low low!

Beth and I get down lower on our legs as each low sounds. I laugh like crazy as she then does a fake slap and makes her body pop. I dance with her, like a crazy girl. Not like a slut. There's a difference. 

Shawty got low low low low low low low low! 

I get as low as my skinny jeans will allow me and bounce back up with Beth. We collapse into each other's arms as we both run out of stamina to keep going. But I have enough to sing.

"Boots with the fur!" 

Way too quickly my throwback song is over and Beth and I laugh as we walk away.

"Are you drunk?" I turn to look at Jax who is staring at me like a treat. I giggle and shake my head.

"No. Just happy." I say then bounce. "Extremely happy." I add, and sip more of my lemonade.

"Are you sure?" He asks with a smirk.

"Yeah!"

He raises an eyebrow then tilts my drink towards him. 

His face pale and his eyebrows thin. 

"Mare, is this the lemonade?" I nod and take it back. I swallow the rest before Jax slaps the solo cup away.  "Mare! The lemonade has rum in it!" My eyes widen and I look at him. It seems as if all my stray thoughts come together and make me realize this, but then they all burst away.

"Your joking." I push his arm slightly then walk away. 

"Mare!" Jax yells. I look back to see Beth screwing around with a guy while Jax runs to me. He grabs my hand and pulls me away. 

"Where are we going?" I ask. He doesn't answer, but mumbles under his breath.

"You must be really lightweight to get drunk on a little bit of rum."

"Oh I was told that before!" I shout and grin. Jax looks back and ruefully smiles. 

"Great. A lightweight." He says.  I raise and eyebrow and pull my hand back. 

"Is something  wrong with being a lightweight?" I pound my foot like Thumper from Bambi and stare at the curly blond. 

"No, it's just that I never knew someone could be as light as you."