VI

Backstory

After I helped Jax and Kyle clean up the living room I texted my mom and told her I was going to be hanging out with the boys today. She was fine with it and told me she was glad I was making friends. 

So right now Jax is searching the TV for a movie while Kyle scrolls through Instagram. I look over and see him looking at a photo of a half naked girl. Ew.

"Hey man, this is the girl I was talking about." Kyle says and pokes Jax with his toe. Jax turns and looks at the photo, his eyes going wide.

"Damn."

I roll my eyes and look at my own phone to see a text from Beth.

Where r u??? -Beth

I quickly text back and tell her. 

Cassina...-America

What?-Beth

The boys house-America

Still?-Beth

Obviously-America

K well don't do anything stupid-Beth

Like?-America

Going onto the other sex man who lives there-Beth

West?-America

Yeah. He always looks at you-Beth

Sure-America

I see the bubbles appear meaning shes going to reply but Im thrown back into the real world when the door slams. Startled, I look up at watch as West grumbles and walks over the the stairs. As he's walking up he punches the wall. I stare shell shocked. 

"Jeff, must've cracked on him again."  Jax says, bringing me to look at him.

"Two more months." Kyle says and looks at me. "I'll go talk to him." Kyle suggests. He stands up to go to West, when Jax grabs him.

"Don't. Remember what happened last time?"

This makes Kyle hesitate and look at Jax. "Yeah. He punched me."

"And you already got a punch, don't need another one."

"Then you go talk to him," Kyle blurts. I just sit on the couch watching amused as they bicker.

"No way. Im not getting my ass kicked."

"Then I'll do it!" I burst. They look at me then look at each other. They make weird faces then shrug. 

"Okay. I highly doubt he'll punch a girl." Kyle sighs and takes Jax's job of looking for a movie. I raise an eyebrow then walk up the stairs. I make note of the cracked wall as I pass and look around. Now that I really look it looks like patches of dry wall are placed at random. My nerves run up as I look at them all. I follow the small bread trail and turn to the door where I can hear things slamming and stomping.

Very slowly, I raise my hand and knock. 

The slamming and stomping stops for a moment, but then the door slams open and shows me a red-faced West. His blue eyes are a dark stormy color and his mouth is set in a firm line. His chest rises with each quick breath as he stares at me. His jaw clenches and unclenches to the point where I fear his jaw will snap. 

"What?" He grinds out. I look into his blue eyes and try to make mine soften to show Im not the enemy. I already get the vibe he hates me, but he told me before he didnt. I don't believe him. I look at his mask of anger, and stare at him. Really just stare. For a second I see his eyes flash and a fear mixed with sadness flickers across, but immediately gets replaced by annoyance. "Hello?"