IX

School Condoms

I stare at myself in my mirror and examine the crazy outfit Im wearing. Apparently everyone who goes to school at Pacifico Vultures has to wear their Halloween costume. Whatever. 

Right now Im wearing a black cheerleading top, with red lifeguard shorts. Even though it's supposed to get a bit cold out today, Im still wearing this. I can wear a jacket. I also have red and black pom poms, which Kyle found claiming I will have more corresponding things with his costume instead of the flat black ones. NOw the black ones sit in the corner of my room.

I shake my head at the mirror and slip on a NYC jacket then grab my backpack. I walk outside and sit on my porch after saying goodbye to everyone and Abro. I look at my tan legs and notice that my ankle is showing. Its still red and big, so I obviously cannot have that. 

I make a split decision and run into my house. I slip on some knee socks and then these flat black shoes my mom found me. I guess they go sort of well with my outfit. 

It shows more black now. I lace up the small laces and run back down stairs. I was just wearing Converse, but I think these go way better with my white and black knee high socks. 

I can only imagine what I look like to people.

I look around and see no one really out, but a speeding black Jeep Wrangler. It pulls to a harsh stop outside my house and the window rolls down.

"You coming Mix?" I hear West yell inside. I scream back yeah and dash off my porch. I run to the black Jeep. I go to open the door, but West puts down the gas and the Jeep jumps forward. I glare at him since he's smirking in the driving side seat. I go to open it again. Again, though, the car bounces forward. I go to do it again, and the same thing happens, only he doesn't stop going until reaching the corner of my street. 

I growl and jog as fast as I can in these high top shoes before finally getting in the Jeep. I glare at West, and punch his shoulder.

Only I end up getting hurt because I hit that shoulder protector for football players. I hiss and pull my hand to my body. Wests laugh fills the car and he finally moves.

"Your smart," West says being sarcastic. I narrow my eyes and him and take in what he's wearing. It's a blue jersey with the number ten scrawled across the front.

"Just-let's get to school," I say and turn up the music. I roll up the window on my side and plug in the AUX cord lying across the council. I want to hear a certain song. 

I put on a famous song that I would normally would sing when people wouldn't close my door after I clearly told them to.

"I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! at the Disco, comes on and I grin. 

I chime in with a

"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"

No, it's much better to face these kinds of things

With a sense of poise and rationality

I chime in

"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"

No, it's much better to face these kinds of things

With a sense of...

West looks at me funny and I turn down the music. 

"What?"

"You know this song?"

"Of course! Who doesn't?!"