VIII

Forever Scarred

Water cascades over my back and up my neck, making me shiver and indulge myself further into the water. It's cold out. Well it should be. The sun isnt even up yet and Im in the middle of the ocean, only here because John ended up coming in early today. So here I am in the Pacific ocean at 6 in the morning in a tight suit I just ended up having.

So...Im going to be surfing today. I didnt really have much of a choice. Yesterday Jax slept over my house, on the couch. Special orders from my dad. Apparently Jax had a few drinks last night at Kyle's game somehow and was a little hungover. In a strange way he convinced me to surf with him at 6 because it helped him get over his hangover.

My mom happened to have a surf suit (I don't know what they are called) and let me go with Jax. RIght now he's shouting and bouncing with the waves.

I roll my eyes and go lower in the water. It's the only thing that's warm somehow. The sun should be here any minute.

So back to me surfing today. Jax demanded he taught me because the boys never do it with him except his brother. So of course I said yes. That and I also want to know what it's like.

"Yo Mare. See that wave?!" I raise my head and look out in the distance. A little wave is pushing towards me. My eyes zero in on it and I trace it to the shore.

"Yeah!" I call and turn to where Jaxon was. Only he isnt there. A suspicious feeling comes over me and I slowly back up from my spot. If Ive learned anything about Jax it's that he will be the one to make you pee from screaming so loud. Trust me. I know.

So I was walking around Cassina with a pile of mashed potatoes in my hand and chips in the other. I know weird. But when I turned the corner Jax came out of nowhere and scared the living shamrock hermit Idaho tattoos out of me (shit). I ended up crying and throwing my potatoes at him. Literally. Although Kyle then licked it off of Jax while West watched TV on the couch. It was weird.

A hand closes on my leg and I jump so high I think I rose above the water.

"Jaxon Cade Smith!" I shriek and stomp on his lingering hand. He comes up screaming and holding onto his hand.

"Oww!" He whines and kicks me. I react by splashing him. He than splashes back.

I yell and throw more at him until he holds both his hand in the air. I stop and look at him with a puzzled face. His smirk grows as I stop splashing and then he gets this glint in his eye. I see it coming before it happens and I try to swim away, but it's too late.

My body is dragged under the water by Jaxs heavy arms as he crunches me to his body. I yell and punch him. I open my eyes to see him already looking at me and smiling. He roll my eyes and wiggle out of his hold. I burst up to the top of the water and engulf a big air supply.

Jax comes up grinning and points behind me. I turn around to see a sliver of orange and pink clouds circling it like a frantic stream of water going around a rock. Colors burst around the sliver, making me watch in awe.

"Beautiful isnt it?" Jax asks. I nod my head and look at the sun some more. In a daze I walk closer to it and raise my hand up to it. I feel water move around me, then Jax's hand grabs mine. He moves my fingers into a gun position then puts his in the same way. He then connects our hands to make our fingers look like an infinity sign. "Forever." Jax sighs.

I smile and tilt my head. "Sure."

He turns to me and intertwines our fingers. "So you ready?" I nod eagerly. He grins and pulls me out of the water, our hands still intertwined. I follow him to his stuff, when I hear my name being called. I turn to John and wave. He nods and waves me over.