XIV

Alert

The crowd crys with enthusiasm as Kyle races down the field. I adjust the skirt around my legs and scream along. I crawl up the bleachers since Beth demanded we sit on the top row because the moon is supposed to be really low tonight. 

I wave to Caiden as I go up and plop down on the uncomfortable seat next to her. 

"Whats happening?" I ask her. She looks out and down the field.

"Halftime is in a couple of minutes, then we can go talk to them," I nod at her and look down to see Kyle crouched down. "But then the game will start up then and they have to score at least three goals to be tied or four to be in the lead." I nod and stand up and cheer as Kyle runs further and the ball gets passed to him. He catches it then throws it to another, when he gets tackled by a giant looking guy. 

I scream in horror, but then Kyle pushed the guy off him and watches as his teammate run down the field and gets less than three feet away from the touchdown zone when the same guy who tackled Kyle grabs him and throws him down. How did a guy that size get there that fast? 

I ignore it as the crowd deflates and everyone sits down as the players line up again. 

But just as the ball is passed, the halftime releases its buzzed and a man's voice comes on from the loudspeaker.

"And we are back for another break for the Vultures and Tigers!" A disembodied voice comes through.  "This games gonna be a close one!" The man shouts again as Beth and I make our way down to see Kyle. 

Only Caiden, John and West are here tonight, since Jax is at Jen's house since shes sick. Blake was busy with something.

Kyle grins when we reach the ground and takes off his sweaty helmet. John appears from behind the water jugs and grins at Beth. They have gotten really serious every since that talk.

"Oh, damn, we were close." Kyle says, narrowing his eyes across the filled. I laugh and hug him. He kisses my forehead, surprising me. But I feel warmth spread around my body coming from that one spot. 

"It's fine, it's just a game."

Beth scoffs behind me. 

"A very serious game. This will be the last he ever plays before he heads to college," she snaps and walks away, where John comes over and grabs her, and kisses her awaiting lips. They really are a cute couple. West glares at them as they giggle and accidentally push down his drink, making it spill. But Beth and John are to busy making out against the bleachers now to realize. 

I giggle into Kyles chest and watch as the marching band comes onto the field. West stands up and throws his cup at Kyle while Im still in his arms.

"Kyle, you're suffocating her!" Kyle laughs, his chest moving up and down while I still hug him. I pull away and then run over to West.

"Like this?" I crush him in a hug so tight I can feel his puff of breath across my ear. 

"Ex-ac..tly." I laugh and pull away and pat West on the head. His baseball cap moves up and down, like a bobber in the sea when a fish grabs it.

The halftime soon ends and everyone gets ready for the game again. I instead sit on the bleachers with West while Beth and John make out and Kyle runs out onto the field. I cheer along with West as everyone get excited yet again.

The game starts soon and Kyle immediately gets the ball. He runs down the field and is about to pass it to his teammate when he glances over at everyone, then makes a split decision and keeps running. My eyes move over to the giant guy from before and I almost drop dead from fear. Hes heading right to Kyle.