Chapter 01 | Newfound

[Chapter 01 | Newfound]

Hikaru's eyes opened and were greeted with the bright sun and the bedroom ceiling. He tiredly stared upwards for a few moments before he looked to the side of the bed where Kaoru slept, but he wasn't there, probably already up and getting ready for school. He was always so eager to go to school because that meant seeing his girlfriend, Yukimura.

The older twin let out a sigh and slowly he sat up, stretching out his arms. "Kaoru?" He called out but received no answer. He grumbled inaudible words to himself before getting out of bed and grabbing clothes.

He went into the shower and got himself all ready for school, did his hair once he was out and dressed himself nicely. He then went to the kitchen, where Kaoru sat, eating his breakfast. "Hey." He greeted his brother.

Kaoru looked up and smiled. "Hey. Sorry I didn't wake you, I woke up earlier than usual."

"It's fine." Hikaru murmured, sitting down across from him and pulling up his own plate of breakfast that had been waiting there for him. He started eating, eyes down at the plate. "Are we doing anything after school?"

"Well, I am. I'm going out with Yukimura." Kaoru replied, watching his brother.

Hikaru clenched his jaw. Of course, he expected that answer. It was always the same kind of answer. He liked Yukimura, he did and he liked the fact that his brother found someone that suited him and made him happy but hell, he selfishly wanted his brother for himself and at the same time, he was jealous of him. "Alright."

Kaoru stared at him, his eyebrows crinkled. "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah," He nodded. "I'm just feeling a little sick, that's all."

"Do you want to stay home today?" Kaoru asked.

Hikaru shook his head. "Nah." He finished eating his breakfast pretty quickly. "Let's head to school. You done eating?"

"Yeah." Kaoru got up, grabbing his bag. He grinned at his brother. "Come on."

And thus, the twins left to school. They got there and went to The Host Club upon their arrival to talk to the other hosts (excluding Mori and Honey as they had finished school) and of course, so Kaoru could speak to Yukimura who often hung out there because she was friends with them too, more so with Jun, who was a female host and Kyoya's girlfriend. It was quite a tale what happened with Jun, Kyoya and Yukimura. Kaoru was involved too. It went on so long, could probably fill a book with it's adventures but that was a story for another time.

The twins walked in side by side and Kaoru grinned when he saw his girlfriend speaking to Jun. "Yukimura." He said.

She turned to him and smiled. "Kaoru! I was starting to think you weren't going to come. You're a little late." She murmured.

"I am?" Kaoru's eyebrows crinkled, taking a glance at the time on his phone. "Didn't even realize. That's probably because Hikaru woke up late." He teased his brother.

Hikaru rolled his eyes. "I didn't wake up late, you failed to wake me up late."

"Mm, sure." Kaoru grinned.

"Enough chatter!" Tamaki spoke up all of a sudden. "We have a problem. There is a new club."

"A new host club?" The twins asked in unison.

"No, but they might as well be." Tamaki pouted. "They're a match making club called The Companion Cupid's, taking our customers away from us...customers came here to feel lovely and find love with hosts but now...they're finding actual love and not coming here! Isn't that terrible?" He sobbed, going right into his emo corner.