Chapter 11 | Sensitive Friendship

[Chapter 11 | Sensitive Friendship]

[Aged thirteen, Tomoko Hatakeyama]

"Are you absolutely insane?" Mi-Young huffed at her thirteen year old daughter. "We are not giving money to your little commoner friend."

"You don't understand. She can't stay here if we don't! I'll never see her again, mum." Tomoko begged her. "She's amazing. You just need to talk to her to see how amazing she is!" She took another step closer to her mother, who was sitting down on her lounge chair, a book in hand.

Mi-Young gave her a bitter look. "If she was your friend, she wouldn't be asking for your money, Tomoko."

"She didn't ask! I offered." Tomoko clarified.

"And did she reject you when you offered?" Mi-Young cocked a brow.

Tomoko swallowed a lump in her throat and shook her head.

"That's what I thought. We're not giving her money and that's the end of it." Mi-Young looked back down to her book.

"Please." Tomoko continued on. "Please, she's my only real friend."

"Tomoko, if we give her money and she runs off with it or uses you, you're going to cry. You're going to be heart broken." Her mother said. "And what will I say?" She arched a brow. "I told you so."

"But that won't happen." Tomoko spoke with confidence. Mi-Young just let out an irritated sigh.

"Go to your room, Tomoko. Don't show your face until dinner." She didn't look at her, just continued reading her book. 

Tomoko's face scrunched up in frustration. She didn't bother trying any more, just walked out of the room and upstairs to her bedroom. She couldn't let Aicha just go. She loved her. She was the most amazing friend. They were best friends.

Your best friend can't break your heart, right?

[Present Day]

It had been days since Hikaru's break down and Tamaki's ball idea and only now was the older twin returning to school. 

Hikaru walked in without Kaoru.

He assumed his brother was already somewhere with Yukimura and maybe the Host Club too. 

Hikaru kept his head down as he walked, his face red with embarrassment. Nobody was looking at him but he felt like all eyes were on him. He shoved his hands into his pockets and entered the building, listening to people chatting away.

He felt so damn alone. He'd just have to find Tomoko. He felt as if she was the anchor to keep him grounded. 

Now, he could only think of one place she'd be, her club room, so he quickly headed there.

Hikaru rushed to the club room and opened the doors quickly, walking in. He stopped in his steps, baffled by the sight. The entire host club was in here with Tomoko, chatting. This definitely wasn't a welcomed sight.

He turned around to try and escape before he got noticed but it was far too late. "Hikaru-senpai!" The bright voice of Tomoko spoke up. He sighed and turned around, watching her run towards him.

Tomoko took his hands and smiled wide. "I'm so glad to see you. I missed you!" She said genuinely and at that, Hikaru could feel his entire face going a bright red color.

"U-Uh- Yeah- you too." Hikaru's eyes flickered to the host club, mostly Kaoru who was giving him a strange look.

"Have you heard about the ball we're hosting?" She tilted her head.