Chapter 14 | Her & Her

[Chapter 14 | Her & Her ]

"You've been feeling really depressed lately because of your brother, is that correct? You feel as if he's left you ever since he got a partner." The counselor asked him.

Since Hikaru's major screw up at the ball a few days ago, he had been forced to see the school counselor. His parents said that he had to get his feelings sorted out before they got worse, but he wasn't sure how they could get worse when they were already pretty bad.

"Mmhm." Hikaru stared out the window, a bored expression on his face. He didn't want to be here. He just wanted to be at home or somewhere with Tomoko.

"You need to talk to me, Hikaru, if you want to get better." The counselor said.

"It's no use. The only way I'll feel better if is everything returns to normal." Hikaru said, irritated. "And that won't happen. Talking to you won't fix things." His voice sounded more agitated as he spoke. How could talking about it and saying how he felt fix things? It wasn't going to return things to normal.

It wasn't as if each word restored each broken piece.

"Talking to me will fix how you feel, help you cope better with your changing world." The counselor said. "Hikaru, things will not return to the way they once were, that's how life is. You need to understand that. When you do, only then, will you start to get better."

Hikaru bit his lip, eyebrows furrowed. He got up. "I'm done with this. I'm not seeing you."

The counselor pursed his lips. "Hikaru, your mother specifically requested this."

"So take it up with her." Hikaru walked out the door, shutting it firmly behind him. His chest felt tight and his mind felt fuzzy.

He looked down the school hallway, spotting Tomoko down the end, talking to two people he assumed to be her clients. She looked his way and for a moment, their eyes met before she quickly turned her head away and walked down another way, signaling the two people she was talking to to follow.

Hikaru clenched his fists and scrunched up his face. He was in so much emotional pain. He wasn't sure if he could handle it anymore. His entire body was electrified, but not in the good way.

He didn't know how to fix things or if he could even fix things.

He felt hopeless.

The bell sounded, signalling the end of this period and the start of lunch. He hated the thought of having to go in a crowded area to get his food because everyone would be looking at him. They didn't even try to hide it. 

They were all nosy, wanted to know what was none of their business.

He made his way to the cafeteria to get his food, keeping his head bowed as he did so. He got his food and sat at an empty table instead of with the Host Club, who walked in together, chatting away.

Kaoru frowned at the sight of his brother alone and bowing his head as to not look at anyone. He felt so guilty for what happened. He just wanted to talk to him, but Hikaru made it clear that he didn't want to speak to Kaoru. The younger twin sighed.

Yukimura frowned. "...he'll come around, Kaoru. Just...give him time."

Kaoru sighed again.  "I feel terrible."

"I know you do..." 

Haruhi stared at the two as they spoke then looked over at the lonely Hikaru. She frowned and walked over to him, not caring if he just wanted to be alone. "Hey, Hikaru." She sat down next to him.