Chapter 02 | A Cupid's Client

[Chapter 02 | A Cupid's Client]

Hikaru curled up in his bed, facing away from the doors and laying on his side. His eyes were opened but only slightly and the boy was busy with his own mind, strapping down each thought and looking through them clearly. 

It was yet another school day. Two days had passed since he peered into the room of the new club, The Companion Cupid's. It was a stupid club name in his opinion, the only thing they had going for them was the alliteration. 

A stupid club name with a ridiculous club goal yet...he couldn't stop thinking of it.

He uncurled his body and sat up with a small huff, staring blandly across the room as he thought more deeply. A part of him wanted to go there and check it out, see if that girl or any other club members could help him out...but he wasn't entirely sure if it was a girlfriend he wanted or if it was just his brother's company back.

"Hikaru?" Speak of the devilish twin. Hikaru looked over to the doors as they opened with his brother standing in the door way. Kaoru rose his eyebrows at him. "Get up and get ready for school." 

Hikaru rubbed his face. "Do we have to go?"

"Yes." Kaoru scanned his brother for a moment before he slowly approached him. "What's wrong, do you feel sick?"

Hikaru glanced up. His brother was almost entirely different ever since he had gotten a girlfriend too and it wasn't just the influence from a girl. Kaoru spoke differently, he was always the mature one but his speech and words had more maturity and hell, he was becoming more independent even. He was growing up.

It scared Hikaru.

"Hikaru?" Kaoru spoke up. "You're spacing out, hello?" He poked him.

Hikaru snapped out of it, blinking his eye lids a few times. "Huh?"

Kaoru frowned and sat down beside his twin brother. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"You know, I can tell when you're lying to me." Kaoru cocked a brow. "Something's wrong. Something's upsetting you."

Hikaru glanced to his brother then away. He got up. "Nothing's wrong and nothing's upsetting me, I just feel sick." He lied blandly though to lie to his brother, another part of his soul, hurt his already weak heart. "I'll go get ready." And with that, the older twin went to the bathroom and jumped into the shower, getting ready for school.

Kaoru stayed put, staring forward with furrowed brows. Something was definitely up with his brother. He had been acting strange for awhile now...but the reason why? Kaoru couldn't put his finger on it. 

Hikaru ended up skipping breakfast after he got ready for school. The two left, spoke to the host club and attended classes as per usual. In one lecture near the end of school,  Hikaru sat, staring out of the window with a bored expression.

"You heard of the matchmaking club?" One of the girls in the class said.

"Yeah, I have," replied her blonde friend. "Apparently they're really good! Maybe they could get me a boyfriend..." She sighed. "Or at the very least a guy-friend, you know?"

"Ah, do you think Tomo-chan could pair a girl up with a host?" The girl who started up the conversation asked. "I would love to be paired up with Tamaki-senpai!"

Hearing the conversation made Hikaru sigh. Everywhere he went, the Cupid Club was somehow there too. He rubbed his forehead a little. The urge to go there was even stronger and he knew that was because he was pathetically lonely. Sure, he had friends but to be without his twin brother...someone he was connected to deeply, that hurt, that was lonely.