Chapter 12 | Conjoined Heart

[Chapter 12 | Conjoined Heart]

"One two three, one two three, one two three-"

"OUCH!"

"Aaah, oh my- I'm so sorry!" Tomoko exclaimed, her eyes wide and cheeks red. She stepped away from Hikaru as he topped on one foot, holding his other foot that Tomoko stepped on. "I didn't mean to, Hikaru-senpai-"

Hikaru groaned, eyebrows furrowed. "At this rate you'll never learn."

"I'm so sorry." Tomoko clasped her hands together, hands up against her mouth in worry as she stared at him. "I'm trying my best."

Tamaki sighed, crossing his arms over his chest and getting up. "This just won't do, Tomoko you have a toe-stepping problem!"

Tomoko frowned and put her hands on her hips, facing Tamaki. "I'm trying to keep as far away from his foot as possible," She murmured. "I just have no sense of rhythm."

"One more try, if you can't do it, I'll step in!" Tamaki nodded. "Now, get ready." Hikaru and Tomoko stepped closer together and got in position. "One two three, one two three, one two three, one-"

"PIECE OF-" Hikaru shouted in pain as his sore foot was stepped on again.

"I'm sorry!" Tomoko exclaimed.

Tamaki let out a long, dramatic sigh as he started to rub his temple. "Tomoko, you'll never be the perfect host this way."

"Well, maybe I could be the clumsy host, you know? Maybe that's my thing and so when I step on the toes of other people, they'll think it's just part of the act- like, that's my thing so, it's...cute?" Tomoko rambled, unsure of where she was going with this. The host club just stared at her, faces blank. "...Look, I don't know."

Tamaki walked over to her. "You're in the lead when you dance with girls, so you cannot step on their perfect small feet."

"Tamaki has a foot fetish," Hikaru murmured.

Tamaki's face went red. He quickly turned to him. "I do not!" Tomoko burst out into laughter at that and Hikaru, not even noticing that he was doing so, stared at her briefly, taking a moment to admire such a beautiful sound before he turned his attention back to Tamaki. His brother, Kaoru, who was sitting down with Kyoya, Jun and Yukimura, watched him, eyebrows furrowed and a frown on his lips.

There was something really wrong with Hikaru.

He was so different, but one thing he noticed was that he clung to a part of his old self while he was with Tomoko. There was something about her that did something to him and Kaoru didn't know what it was exactly - maybe love - but Hikaru didn't love anybody romantically, hell, he only really liked Haruhi and that was a long time ago. Kaoru was sure Hikaru was over her.

So what was it? 

It hurt Kaoru's heart to know something was wrong and even though it wasn't said, Kaoru knew that it concerned him. He just wished he could fix it.

"Let me just practice with Haruhi, he's smaller, maybe I could get it easier with him? He's around my size." Tomoko suggested. Haruhi looked up from her book, eyebrows raised.

"You want to practice with me?" She said.

"Yeah! If that's okay?" Tomoko smiled brightly, putting her hands behind her back, pinkies locked together.

Haruhi smiled and got up, closing her book after slipping in her book mark. "Yeah, of course."

Hikaru blinked and stepped back as Haruhi walked over to Tomoko and the two started practicing together, it being much easier for Tomoko since they were around the same height. He sighed, sitting down on a table as he watched, listening to Tomoko laugh at some of the remarks Haruhi made concerning the host club.