Chapter 09 | Heated Cheeks

[Chapter 09 | Heated Cheeks] 

Tomoko yawned as she woke up. She slowly forced herself to slid out of her bed and get up onto her feet. She yawned and walked over to the mirror, staring at her reflection that had tired eyes and messy bed hair. She stared at her reflection for a few moments, thinking about how she truly hated mornings then gave a thumbs up. "Another day."

Tae-won knocked on his sisters door. "Tomoko, I was told to get you up for school!"

"I'm up, Tae-won, I'm up." Tomoko whined, rubbing her forehead.

"If you don't hurry I'm gonna eat your pancakes!" Tae-won exclaimed before rushing downstairs to go get some food.

Tomoko sighed. "He's trouble." She said to herself before walking to her closet, fetching her school uniform. She found the yellow dress quite pleasant, though she'd prefer if it were green. It was her favorite color.

She got ready pretty quickly, showered, put deodorant on, got dressed and did her hair up in a simple ponytail before she rushed down to the kitchen.

Down in the kitchen was only Tae-won and Mi-young, Tomoko's mother. Tomoko sat down at the nice, long dining table at a plate of food she knew was hers. "Good, you didn't eat my food, you ratbag." She said to Tae-won.

"You're lucky." Tae-won poked his tongue out at her.

Tomoko rolled her eyes at her younger brother then looked over to her mother, Mi-Young. "Good morning, mum."

"Good morning, Tomoko." Mi-Young kept her eyes on the papers in front of her. She had a low, smooth voice and always spoke in a tone that showed you that she was the one in charge. "Will you be going to school with your brother?"

Tomoko shook her head. "No, I...I'd prefer to ride my bicycle there again."

Mi-Young exhaled out of her nose in displeasure. "I don't see why you insist to ride that old bicycle. You are not a commoner, you need to stop acting like one." She said. "And you need to stop holding onto remnants."

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking down to her pancakes. Suddenly she wasn't feeling all that hungry. "I think...I'll get an early start, maybe go around the block before heading off for more practice." She said, pushing her plate towards Tae-won. "You can have those."

Tae-won's eyes lit up. "Yes!" He exclaimed, pulling the plate closer.

Tomoko got up and fetched her bag, which was near the front door. "I'll be off!" She said, leaving the household as quick as she could. She walked out of the building and out to the front yard. She walked over to her bicycle and put her bag on her back before getting onto it.

She settled on it, eyes flickering to her helmet then away. She decided not to wear it and just went off on her bike out the gates.

She just rode around for a little bit to waste some time before she went off towards Ouran. When she got there and parked her bicycle, she was greeted by Haruhi again.

"Hey," Haruhi greeted with a smile and a wave.

Tomoko smiled, getting off of her bike. "Hello again." She greeted. "Is this going to be a regular thing?" She joked.

"If you keep arriving at the same time I do then, yes." Haruhi chuckled.

"Well, we'll just have to see then." Tomoko winked jokingly, starting to walk towards the building in which Haruhi quickly followed.

Haruhi looked around as she walked, thinking for a few moments before asking, "How is Hikaru going with everything?" She asked.

"Alright...I guess." Tomoko frowned, remembering the field-day. "We did some field work and it...didn't go exactly as planned. In fact, he seemed a little...well, not interested? Which is weird since he is a client for a reason, I just...I don't know."