Chapter 10 | Host Club King

[Chapter 10 | Host Club King]

Hikaru went home after his little breakdown, though nobody had seen him leave. He quite obviously didn't want to see anyone or have them see him with eyes red from crying. It wasn't natural to see one of the twins sad either, some would say. They were both always so happy, well, in their high school years.

He remembered the years before then.

He was a little envious of them.

Currently, the school day had ended and after school activities were in place. To Tomoko, the school day seemed a little dull without Hikaru around. It went fast, yet so slow at the same time.

"I'll be back." Tomoko said, getting up from the club couch.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Akemi asked, looking up from the notepad in her hands.

"To the host club, I want to see if Hikaru came back for his club." Tomoko explained.

Akemi sighed. "Man, this client is really giving you trouble. Are you sure you don't want to give him over to me? It'll be a huge weight off your shoulders."

Tomoko shook his head. "I'm sure." She said. "I like Hikaru-senpai, so I want to help him. I just...need to figure out what he really wants." He didn't seem interested in dating, though he had to be because he was at a matchmaking club after all. It just didn't make sense and Tomoko couldn't figure it out. Who knows, maybe he just wants a friend.

"If you insist." Akemi smiled. "Go on now."

Tomoko saluted Akemi before she grabbed her bag and left the Companion Cupid room and to the music room. 

When she got there, she pressed her ear against the door, listening in for Hikaru's voice. She hoped she wouldn't have to go completely in and deal with what she dealt with last time. That Tamaki guy was weird and she assumed he wasn't her biggest fan. For some reason.

She squinted as she listened. She wasn't able to identify a single voice among everyone chatting. "Damn it..."

"What are you doing?" Came a female voice from behind her.

Tomoko quickly spun around to see the owner of the voice that she identified as Jun, Kyoya's other half. "Oh- um...nothing. Just trying to listen in and see if Hikaru popped in."

Jun shook her head. "He's not in there." She watched Tomoko, a frown on her lips. This girl really was falling for whatever Hikaru was doing. Hikaru was a good spy it seemed. "...I don't approve of what he's doing with you at all." She sighed, shaking her head.

Tomoko's eyebrows furrowed. "Huh?" She was thoroughly confused at that. "What do you mean?"

Just as Jun opened her mouth to reply, the host doors opened and there stood Tamaki. "Jun! I thought I heard your voice." He blinked and looked to Tomoko, his eyes narrowing. "Hello."

Tomoko smiled at him. "Um...Hi."

"I'll let you two...converse." Jun said, slipping away from them and into the club room. She just really didn't feel like dealing with Tamaki and the club president of his new obsession.

Tamaki leaned against the wall dramatically. "Why is the taker-away-of-our-customer-person here?" He asked, voice just as dramatic.

Tomoko rose her eyebrows in amusement and confusion. What kind of name call was that. "Um...excuse me?"

"Your club has been taking away our customers." Tamaki pouted.

"Oh!" Tomoko's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention." She put her hands up in surrender. "Really! I just want to get along with people here."