Chapter 03 | Companionship

[Chapter 03 | Companionship] 

"Huh? A host?" Tomoko's second year friend, Akemi asked. Akemi had dark black hair and deep brown eyes, that if narrowed could pierce into your soul and if she was angry, that wasn't a good thing. To add on that, she was quite tall as well, probably almost as tall as Mori. She sat down on the couch of the club room. "So yesterday, a host came in and asked for our services?"

"Well, yeah...sort of." Tomoko smiled a little, playing with the sleeves on her uniform. 

"If he's a host, he should be charming and what not, right?" Akemi leaned back on the red couch. "He shouldn't have any problems finding a girlfriend or boyfriend or whatever."

"Just because he's a host that doesn't mean he's good at...well, normal relationships outside of hosting, besides, it's Hikaru Hitachiin. He pretends to be in a forbidden brotherly love with his brother." Tomoko paused, thinking of it. Her cheeks went pink. "Which is actually..."

"Ew, don't tell me you like that?" Akemi furrowed her eyebrows.

"W-What? No- I mean- It's just-" Tomoko swallowed thickly, now a little embarrassed. "...Different?"

"Sure is," Akemi snickered, putting her legs up on the coffee table. 

"Anyway...he seemed a bit...against the idea of us helping him. I think he's ashamed. I'm going to change that." Tomoko nodded, taking a hair band off of her wrist and putting her hair up in a ponytail but keeping her side fringe out. "Since he's a special case, I'm going to put myself as his companion. If that's alright?" She looked at Akemi in question.

Akemi blinked. "Of course it is, why are you asking me? You run this club!"

"I know, but...you're my senpai. You must always be kind to an upperclassman and show them respect. Get their 'okay'." Tomoko put her hands together.

Akemi snickered. "You're a weird one. Anyway, their club should be up and running now, yeah? You should go bother him."

"Good idea!" Tomoko picked up her blue messenger bag, slipping it on her shoulder. She opened it up, checking that she had all she needed. School supplies, a note book and phone. She shut her messenger bag. "If anyone asks for me." She looked around to the room full of people before looking back to Akemi. "Just tell them I'm on club duty." She gave Akemi a bright smile before racing off.

Akemi watched her go with an amused grin.

Tomoko made her way to the Host Club, muttering to herself that it was the music room they were in, right? She eventually found it and slowly opened the doors, peeking it. It was already in session so nobody seemed to notice her as she slowly crept inside.

There was a man in glasses Tomoko recognized as Kyoya Ootori. He had black hair and a black notebook in his hands. His eyes were on the female host, Jun, watching her as she spoke to the ladies.

Then there was Yukimura. She wasn't a host or anything, just helped the Host Club out with foods and drinks and such.

There was Haruhi, the commoner, with girls all around as well, chatting up a storm.

Lastly, well, as far as she could see, were the twins, doing their performance of brotherly love. Tomoko had to look away at that, feeling her face heat up. She slowly got out her phone, snapping a quick photo of the club room and the ladies in it. Hikaru was surrounded by women constantly yet...he still went to her club. It baffled Tomoko, but the only reason why Hikaru wasn't interested in them was probably because they:

a) weren't his type.

b) he didn't want a customer as a girlfriend.

Those were surely the reasons...