Chapter 08 | Field Work

[Chapter 08 | Field Work]

Hikaru awkwardly stood on the sidewalk, leaning against a brick wall of a sushi shop. The sky was dark and full of grey clouds. It was the afternoon, after school.

Truly this seemed to be an awful day for fieldwork.

The twin shifted in his place. "Tomoko better hurry up..."He murmured to himself. The girl told him to meet her here for fieldwork (which he wasn't looking forward to) and honestly he was feeling uncomfortable. This was a commoner place, which, yes, was interesting but he'd usually go here and make fun of it with the hosts...his friends...his brother. His Kaoru.

No, no, this wasn't the time to think of him despite how much his heart ached.

If he had to think about how he didn't have a brother anymore yet again, he'd go crazy.

"Hikaru-senpai! Sorry to keep you waiting!" Tomoko called out as she pulled up on her bike.

The girl had her hair out mostly, a side bun on her left and fake flowers to accessorize her hair. She wore the most beautiful green dress that was a little puffy. The sleeves stopped to her bicep and had cute frills. The dress itself had little patterns.

Hikaru himself just had on some dark blue jeans, a red shirt and a black open vest that made him look rather dashing. He had those trusty black headphones around his neck, the cord connected to the phone that was in his pocket.

She smiled at him, taking her red helmet off and slipping off her bike. "I hope you weren't waiting long?"

"Nah. I just got here." That was a lie. He had gotten here about fifteen minutes ago. He moved off the wall and went over to her as she locked her bike up in the bicycle rack. "So, what are we doing anyway?"

"Just walking around and looking at people. Maybe getting you some numbers." She smiled.

"So...how do we do that? Do I just go up and tell them about myself?" He asked.

"Yes! Well...kind of. Don't mention you're wealthy though." She nodded.

Hikaru cocked a brow. "Why not?"

"Because sometimes people are only interested in other people for their wealth. It happens all the times and those who are wealthy get their heartbroken." Tomoko explained, putting her helmet on her bike and locking that up too. She then moved over to Hikaru.

"Do you speak from experience?" Hikaru asked, curious.

He realized he didn't know much about Tomoko. 

He just knew the old school she went to.

That her family owns famous sushi chains throughout Asia and catch their own fish. Well, from her fathers side. Her mother is Korean and deals with Asian fashion.

Tomoko has four brothers. Three are out of school and one is currently in his last year of middle school.

He didn't know all that much and he figured there had to be a reason she started all this. Maybe a heartbreak that caused it. Maybe she started this to find herself love.

He had no clue, but he wanted to know.

Tomoko let out a small laugh. "No," She shook her head. "Let's just go! I'm hungry." She signaled him to follow and quickly started walking ahead of him.

Hikaru quickly caught up, a little frown. "Hungry?"

"Yep. We're gonna eat and check out girls for you." She grinned wide, a little bit of her tongue poking out between her teeth, which Hikaru found rather adorable.