Chapter 04 | Tribulation

[Chapter 04 | Tribulation]

"I'm sorry, Hikaru." Kaoru muttered. "I just don't want to spend time with you anymore. I have Yukimura now, I don't need you." He looked into his brothers eyes with his own that weren't full of pain like Hikaru's. "You'll have to get over it."

Hikaru shook his head and clenched his fists. "You're my brother, Kaoru!" He shouted, his voice incredibly strained with emotional pain. 

"That doesn't matter, Hikaru!" Kaoru huffed out. "I don't need your companionship anymore."

"You can't just leave me." He gritted his teeth. "You can't just leave me for some girl! I'm your family. I'm your brother. Your best friend! I was the only person you could really talk to for years and you the same for me!"

Kaoru sighed, rubbing his forehead in frustration. He gazed at his brother, eyes darkened by negative emotion. "I don't care about you anymore."

Hikaru could feel the tears welling up in the corners of his eyes and he could just about feel his heart break into a million or maybe a billion pieces too. 

Hikaru gasped loudly as he woke up, drenched in sweat with his muscles incredibly tense. He stared at the ceiling with big eyes. His fringe stuck to his forehead due to the amount of sweat he had produced. He could barely breathe, his chest felt so tight.

He shakily sat up, putting a hand on his chest and inhaling and exhaling heavily, trying to regulate his breath. 

It was just a nightmare. A nightmare. Just a nightmare that could probably happen in real life...or at this point, would most likely happen. It scared the twin terribly.

He didn't want to lose his brother. His best friend.

It would break not only his heart but his entirety.

And that's how the morning went for Hikaru, waking up drenched in sweat from a realistic nightmare. 

He walked the halls alone, his expression emotionless and eyes dull. He felt like crap and looked like it too. That nightmare had gotten to him and the worst thing right now was that in front of everyone he'd have to act like he was fine, the happy little Hikaru.

"Hikaru-senpai!" A familiar voice called from behind him and he turned to see Tomoko sprinting down the hallway after him.

"Tomoko?" He cocked a brow.

"I've been looking for you." She sighed once she got to him, out of breath. It was safe to say that exercise wasn't her thing. "We still have so much to go over."

"We do now?"

"Yep! Come." Tomoko took his wrist gently, leading him outside the building rather quickly and to a bench, plopping Hikaru down and sitting right next to him. "Alright, so." She opened up her note book. "I still need to get a lot of information about you."

"What kind of information?" Hikaru watched her curiously.

"Well..." Tomoko paused before saying, "Past long-term relationships, how long they went for and what kind of person you dated!"

"None, no amount of time and no kind of person." He snickered.

"Huh? Really?" Tomoko rose her eyebrows. 

"What? Have you been in a lot of long-term relationships?" He asked, cocking a brow. 

"Now, we aren't here to talk about me. Next question!" Tomoko quickly scribbled down what Hikaru had told her. "Now, I asked you a similar question to this before but, can you describe your dream girlfriend?"