Chapter One

Louis looked around his empty room. He had tear streaked cheeks. He looked at the empty bed on the right side of the room. All the pictures were torn in a fit of rage from Darren. He wasn't allowed to take anything that reminded him of Louis.

Louis' chest constricted and he had trouble breathing. He was so stupid. So unbelievably stupid. It has been two days and Louis can't stop crying. Is this what heartbreak is like?

Of course he already knew what heartbreak was. He experienced it years ago. But Louis' old therapist told him not to think of anything that reminded him of that terrible night when he was 7.

The rising sun casted a shadow on everything. He's been here for ten years. His mum didn't want Louis after. Which was fine because Louis blamed her for what happened. She was to blame. He loved his mum, but she doesn't love him.

He's sitting in his boarding school dorm in Doncaster. His mum enrolled him, and moved to London with his one month old baby sister, Charlotte. Louis likes to call her Lottie. Lottie calls him occasionally. He found out he has three other sisters. Felicité, Daisy, and Pheobe. Sometimes Felicité talks to him. He likes to call her Fizzy. They've never seen Louis, Lottie found out by cleaning the attic and finding Louis' old things. His mum didn't even tell her she had a brother until Charlotte was eleven.

The boarding school let's the children go home over summer and Christmas breaks. Fall break and spring break are just a week of no classes.

Louis has never went home for any of them. He gets a call from Lottie and Fizzy on his birthday every year. Daisy and Pheobe are too young to understand who Louis is.

His mum hasn't spoken to him since she said bye to him years ago.

He thought love was unconditional.

Louis' eyes caught the time on his alarm clock.

6:45 A.M.

It was Friday which meant no classes tomorrow. He was so happy. He wanted to mourn over the departure of Darren.

Louis got up and stripped down to nothing. He walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He felt so alone being the only gay guy at this boarding school now that Darren has left. He looked for his straightener. Before Darren lived with him, Louis would use his straightener to burn himself. When asked, he would say it was his straightener. Everyone just suspected it was an accident when he was straightening his hair. Louis' hair is naturally straight.

Louis couldn't seem to be able to find it. In it's place he found a note.

Mushroom,

I love you.

I took your straightener. I know I'm not supposed to take anything that reminded me of you, but I took the thing that made us meet.

And if you found this note, shame on you. You shouldn't be looking for this damned thing. I love you okay?

Babe get over me, I'm not worth pain. I promise that I never wanted to hurt you.