3 [edited]

2478 Words
I come downstairs tired. I do not know why it seems I didn't get a restful sleep like I usually do. As I walked downstairs, I saw my dad, Nathaniel, and my mother in the same room.... my dad, the man who barely stepped foot in the house, was in front of my eyes.

"Daddy? What are you doing here?" Everyone looked at me.

"Sweetie, there's something we need to discuss," My dad said. From that, I don't think my life will ever be normal. He tried to walk towards me, but I took a step back. He looked dejected. 

"Well, what do we need to talk about?" 

"I'll tell you once we get into the car."

"No, you can't just come back into the house demanding I go anywhere with you!"

"You're right, but you know I have been busy with work."

"So busy you didn't bother to say Goodbye." I huffed and went into the kitchen. My mother followed me. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Oh no, you are not going to tell me I am in the wrong and that I should just give him another chance."

She folded her arms and gave me a little smirk. "I wasn't going to say that at all. You are right. He should've said something. He could've called or texted you. But he didn't. You have every right to be angry with him, But you actually have to come with us on this trip. It's not for him. It's actually for the whole family. So please consider it. We will be waiting for you in the car." She left the kitchen, leaving me alone in my thoughts.

Yeah, he didn't leave me a note, or a kiss goodbye. I actually haven't seen him in two years. Imagine being a young girl just to see your father leave. I thought he left us for good—nothing to hold on to. There is no one for me to look up to. The only fatherly figure I had in my life was Nathaniel. But my mother always knew the right words to say to me. Even though he left me two years ago, he has left my mother for more than that. He may give her money to survive, but raising two kids alone with their father nowhere in sight is different.

***

We drove to this area I had never seen before in my life

We drove to this area I had never seen before in my life. It was wood, but it was beautiful, with cottages everywhere.

"Guys, where are we?" I asked.

"Moonlight Pack," My mother said, sighing.

We got out of the car and walked the rest away. A bunch of people were looking at us with either ugly or hated faces. There was this lovely mansion, and we went inside it.

"Beta Michael," My dad called this young man. He smiled at my father.

"Delta Peter, the meeting is about to start. We wouldn't start without you guys."

We followed him to this hallway. We opened a door, and there was a court-like setting. With the mayor next to this man, he looks so familiar. But the more I think about it, the more my head hurts.