17

365 words, this is a short one

Charol

Hannah entered my room with tears and red eyes.
"I am so sorry... I have to tell you something"

I rolled my eyes at her tears. "What is it Hannah?"

"This entire family has been lying to you"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I have to tell you inside" She said looking paranoid. I let her inside of the room. "Alright speak your truth"

"Um. So us meeting never a mistake, or an accident, or even a coincidence. Riley's mother knew about your existence and knew that you were born within the human world. But as you know warewolves are normally not allowed to be in the human world. But I was born there as a rogue. So she saw me as an opportunity. She raised me to act like a human and placed me into your school and I was told to become friends with you. I don't regret becoming your best friend. I actually fell in love with you and protected you even though you didn't know. It's just that, hearing that you'll become a Luna made me upset because Riley has done nothing for you except made your life hell and I just think that you deserve better"

It took me a minute to process what she said "so what? Our friendship was a lie? What was your role? To be a spy or some shit?"

"Essentially I was a spy, to keep an eye on you, and make sure that you never meet Riley, but who am I to control your fate in our world. I just allowed it. I didn't care what your mother wanted. Our friendship was never fake. You taught me so much on how to just learn to love and I found love through you"

I was speechless. I just couldn't imagine that my one and only best friend was only that because of some mother who has a vendetta against me since I was born.

"So what? What the fuck do you want me to do?"

"I'm not asking for forgiveness. I just thought you needed to hear the truth"

"Thank You Hannah, I appreciate it".  She then bowed down to me but it felt so odd and wrong. "Don't bow down to me, I don't want that crap, especially from you" I said.

"I'm sorry my Luna"

"Hannah, it's Charol. We're still friends. And more or less sister-in-laws"

She chuckled "you are too forgiving Charol, that'll bite you in your butt in this world"

"I actually believe that this world needs that missing love they never had"

"Charol"

"Yes"

"Because, we started our friendship fake. I would like a restart. So here it goes... Hi my real name is Stefanie"

"Hi Stefanie, my name is Charol, I can tell we'll be the best of friends"

We both started laughing.

Michael came in and his eyes widen, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have came in, excuse me Luna"

"No Beta, come here, what was it" I asked, I think I'm getting the hang of this Luna stuff lol... just pretend your royalty... right?

"Alpha Riley said he will be up here and a minute"

"Can you do me a favor Beta Michael"

"Yes my Luna"

"Take Stefanie out for a walk"

"Yes ma'am" he let out his hand for Stefanie she got up and held his hand, then they left the room.

Riley followed behind.

"Stefanie told me the truth"

He was quiet.

"Did you know?"

He leaned against the door and looked at me. "To be fair. I did. I knew what mom was doing and I knew a lot about you through her. I knew you two were working in Victoria Secret. I guess one thing about me is I'm too rebellious for my mother's own good. I purposely went to that store because I knew Hannah was working there, and I knew she'd do whatever you'd want to do. I couldn't resist the urge to finally meet you. But don't worry I wasn't in the human town because of you it was genuinely because of Vanessa and her shopping urges. But I felt like a puppy waiting to see the one thing that'll make me happy. So call me selfish if I want to see my mother angry"

"But your actions behind that didn't match after"

"It didn't. But it was to protect you. One thing Hannah told me was to make sure I don't regret making you into a Luna because now the radar is higher for your death"

"This is bullshit, there's only one thing to do now... to prepare for your mother"

He started to walk towards me to try and kiss me and I accepted but after awhile I pushed him away.

"I'm still mad at you"

"Great, we can make hateful love"

"Your insane Riley Rivers"