3

Trust Niall to find middle ground during the horrid end-of-the-year finals.

Despite the fact that he is the one carrying more amount of pressure on his back for finals than the rest of the boys combined, he still manages to make a day to drag the rest of them all out to a bar to get plastered. He even offers to pay for all of their drinks with his saved up refund money, as long as it gets them all together in the same place again. It’s just been hard lately, they’ve all been so busy, studying and wrapped up in someone else.

Harry is clad in his usual tight black jeans, a white dip shirt, and Louis is carefully tying a red and blue headscarf around his head. He tucks, shifts, and tugs some curls free and Harry looks just like a doll. Louis kisses his nose, and then his cheeks, then his lips, and then they're on the bed and Harry is tugging on Louis’ marvel t-shirt and unzipping his jeans with his nails painted black and, well, Harry ends up having to change from his risqué red thong to his dark-blue laced cheekies.

They show up at the bar with glossy eyes, flushed cheeks, and red lips. Harry still looks like a doll though, and Louis kisses his nose again before stepping into the round booth where Niall, Liam, and Zayn sit. Liam’s arm is draped over Zayn’s shoulder, and one of Zayn’s hands is on Liam’s thigh. Louis sits next to Niall, Harry sitting on the outer-edge of the booth. Zayn sips on the drink he has already ordered, giving Louis a blank once-over, sparing Harry a simple glance and then returning his attention to Louis.

“Haven't been home in a while, mate.”

Louis shifts, resting his knee against Harry's whilst smiling up at him. “Staying with my boy.”

Zayn rolls his eyes, unaffected. The jut of his tongue pressed to the inside of his cheek is obvious to Louis, and Zayn says to him, “Just don’t want you to forget about us.” 

Louis’ throat tightens. He swallows, feeling an unsettling amount of confusion gathering on his tongue. Liam looks to Zayn, digging his nails into his shoulder. It could easily come off as a joke, but Louis knows, and Liam knows, that Zayn isn't joking. He clears the ominous feeling with a cough into his fist, forcing a tight smile. “As if I could ever forget a bunch of twats like you.”

Harry’s hand finds his under the table eventually, engulfing Louis' much smaller hand, but fitting it so perfectly nonetheless. Louis can feel his heart fluttering, the overwhelming feeling that is Harry enveloping around him. Louis gives Harry's hand a gentle squeeze in return, before the waitress is coming and taking any new orders.

(Louis bites back a grin when Harry orders a strawberry daiquiri, because, of course.)

“So," Louis drags out, taking a sip from his beer, "what are your guys’ plans for the summer?”

Niall groans, and Liam claps, and Zayn simply smiles.

“Believe it or not," Niall starts whilst shaking his head, "more fucking classes. Gotta buy another huge arse law book and everything.” He takes a long drag from his drink to emphasize his obvious distress, and Liam laughs at him.

“Why’d’ya even wanna be a lawyer, mate?”

“Oi! Ni’s gonna make a great arse lawyer,” Louis says, kicking Liam from under the table, “even better lawyer if he took all my cases for free.” He throws Niall a wink, and in return Niall puckers his lips, sending smoochie noises his way.

“Anything for you, darling,” Niall purrs in his Irish accent.

Somewhere in the midst of Liam gagging and Niall laughing, Harry leans over, grazing his lips over Louis’ ear, murmuring, “Mine.”

Louis feels his chest tighten- tighten with the staggering feeling that is Harry's breath ghosting over his neck before pulling away, his sweet, gentle smell, the way his cheeks are pink from a blush he caused himself. He is overwhelmed because all he wants to do is snog Harry into a deep abeyance. But he can’t, so he just tightens his grip on Harry's hand, letting him know that what he is doing is definitely working.