5

When Louis wakes up again later that morning, the flashes of hours ago are the freshest thing in his brain, along with an ache in his chest. He worries his lip, noticing the salient chasm beside him; the dip that is empty, and the air that is silent. He knows he shouldn't panic, but there is something so unsettling about Harry not being beside him when he wakes up.

So he gets out of bed and slips on the pair of trackies left on the ground. They feel a little too big to be his, but that is the way he likes them. Opening the door and walking out into the other part of the flat, he smells breakfast - bacon and provolone - and relief rushes over him. Harry is here. He is still here.

And here is the thing:

Louis has this dream, it’s little, but so imperative. He wants to be able to walk up behind Harry, wrap his arms around his waist, and press his lips into his neck. Whisper sweetly or dirtily into his ear, nibble at his skin, make goosebumps go down Harry's arms. He wants to be spontaneous with Harry, wants to surprise him, and touch him, and feel like every piece of him is his too.

He can't though.

Because he never knows what is going to remind Harry of him. He is scared that if he wraps his arms around his waist after quietly padding up behind him, he will flinch in fear that it isn't Louis. He is scared that if he tries to make a move on Harry without being completely blunt, he will feel disgusted with himself more than anything.

He just always feels like he has to directly ask Harry to touch him at all.

And it’s not - he wouldn't ever touch Harry when he didn't want to be touched, he would always stop for him - but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to just be cuddling on the couch and be able to slowly trail his fingers under the front of Harry's sweats, kiss down his neck, make shivers run through his veins as he forgets all about what’s on TV and focuses only Louis' hand. Louis just wants to make Harry feel good in every single way possible.

So that is what Louis is thinking about whilst he leans against the wall, watching Harry make the two of them breakfast sandwiches. His sweet hum is filling the bright air, and Louis could be wrong, but it sounds like the tune is to 'XO.' His hair is a pile of boyish curls and his lips are so puffy and so petal like, pink against his light skin. Louis can see his eyelashes casting shadows over his cheekbones, and his muscles moving beneath his skin that looks so fluid in every way he steps. Everything about him is so beautiful, so mesmerising.

“Morning babe,” he finally murmurs with a smile on his face.

Harry glances up, dimples caved in and eyes sparkling as he puckers his lips for a kiss. “Morning to you too,” he murmurs against Louis’, taking slow pecks.

And it's like last night never happened.

Harry pulls back with a smile and Louis turns to rummage through the fridge. “On your way to class today, do you think you could pick up so-”

“-strawberry milk. Already got ya’, babe,” Louis throws him a wink, deciding on drinking one of the jars of orange juice they have stored in the back. “So what is Harry doing today?"

Harry doesn't look up from where he is flattening the bacon, but Louis can see the small smile rippling over his cheeks. “Well, Harry was going to watch Top Gear reruns and study for tomorrows test, unless Louis had something else in mind.”

Louis ‘hmphed,’ smiling as he stole the piece of bacon Harry was putting on one of the sandwiches. “The only thing Louis has in mind is a date tonight?” He cocks his eyebrow, smiling shyly even though he knows the answer.

“Harry is pretty busy, but he probably has room for a date somewhere in his hectic day.”

And they always pretend like last night never happened.