25

Between sending cat jokes, drunk texts, and dick pics, they all manage to get themselves into an extended weekend holiday.

The group text was Liam's idea, something they all always kept open on their phones to keep in touch due to all of their different schedules. It works well, as long as you don't include Louis and Harry's constant need to send pictures of cocks off the internet, and Zayn and Liam's constant flirting, even though they are probably right next to each other- and if they are being honest, it is all for the purpose of annoying Niall. Niall who usually sends sad cat face pictures, or angry rants, or pictures of fake tears streaming down his face because of the pile up of law and uni. It's truly a struggle.

They all keep in touch, though, which is the point. At least they all know that each other is alive, even if it is through knock-knock jokes and pretend sexting. So, whatever.

It was eleven at night and Harry's head was in Louis' lap, both of them on their phones, laughing along to what the other guys were saying, when Niall texted: fuck it i need a vacay.

Liam responded with a, 'me too mate', and soon enough it escalated into a, 'we should take one', and 'yeah i can take the time off next week', and, 'we could rent a van and go to the beach.'

So that is why right now, Liam is pulling up to Harry and Louis' flat complex, Zayn in the passenger, and Niall in the middle row of seats. He pulls to the curb and Niall bounds out in his black shades and go-aheads, greeting Louis with a jumping hug and a wet kiss to the cheek, before being dropped to the ground.

You can hear Liam laughing in the background as Zayn opens the trunk of the van. Niall gets up and brushes himself off, not letting Louis' unrequited affection upset him.

"Hey Curly, 've been missing you, but not your brat of a boyfriend," Niall says, patting Harry gently on the back.

Harry laughs in response, and Louis huffs, putting one of the bags in the van, muttering a "shit," under his breath.

Liam offers Harry a gentle smile, murmuring a soft, "Can I hug you, mate?"

Louis watches carefully from where Niall is bouncing excitedly beside him now. Harry smiles with a shy, "Sure," opening his arms for Liam.

"You're doing okay, yeah?" he says finally, and Harry's nods with a shy smile at the kindness.

Zayn does the same thing, wrapping Harry up into his arms, and whispering, "Hope you're doing alright."

Harry nods into Zayn's neck as realisation dawns on him, and he looks at Louis, but Louis isn't meeting his eyes. Instead, he is shuffling his feet on the ground with his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Alright, you two have any more bags?"

"Oh, uh- yeah," Harry smiles, "there is a couple more, I'll go get t-"

Louis interjects, "I can go get 'em, it's fine."

"I'll get them!" Niall yells out, making Louis' stomach drop as he shakes his head quickly.

"Ni, s'fine. I can get them."

"Aw, can't we see your guys' place real fast though? Never showed us." Liam pouts his stupid lips, and his eyes are big and brown, and all Louis does is glance to Harry quickly so he doesn't follow through with his urge to slap the boy.

"Um, maybe ano-" Louis starts, before Harry interrupts him.

"It's okay," Harry says softly, "it's okay," he says again, staring directly at Louis, hoping he knows what he is really talking about.

So Harry and Louis lead them up the stairs and down the corridor to their flat, apprehensively bumping against each other as they walk

Louis opens the door for them and lets everyone inside, waiting for the judgment. He can't help but wonder why Harry's so- so okay with this. He wishes he could see into his mind right now, know what's going on up there. They need to have a long, private chat.