24 ○○○

Dedicated to: @imgross123 because they are impatient af. ❤

---

It is the little things Louis and Harry are doing that is helping him get in a position of recovery. They are working on it, in the subtlest of ways. And it is hard, it is. Because with what Harry went through, he should have a therapist. He needs real, actual counselling because what he went through was something more than just an unhealthy relationship. It was something agonising, traumatic- it left psychological damage on Harry that Louis can't fix.

But somewhere in the back of Louis’ mind, there is this hopeful little piece of him that thinks by making Harry happy, by giving him the love, and safeness, and adoration he deserves, and missed out on, he can get Harry to go to one eventually. He just needs to show Harry it's okay. It's okay, he is safe, and that he only wants the best for him.

(He found Harry between the lines of heartbreak, and now he wants to make him feel so whole he won't even be able to fit between those lines.)

At this moment, Harry and Louis are walking down the busiest streets of their city, boutique after boutique, shop after shop, licking at their ice cream cones. Harry's is two scoops of vanilla and Louis’ is cookies-and-cream. It is a nice Saturday off, and they figured it would be good to get out of the flat and go on a bit of a date.

Louis stays close to Harry through it all, knowing he gets nervous in loud and busy situations. They've stopped and looked in multiple shops, mostly to cool off a bit before continuing, but they haven't bought anything except the ice cream. It is not until Louis stops to throw his cone away that he looks to Harry and sees him eyeing a boutique across the street. Its portion of the long line of rented places is painted romantic morn pink, and then in a more briquette colour of fancy letters, reads: dentelle et de l'assiette.

Louis smiles to himself, biting his lip as Harry finishes his cone off. With his new source of income, and not having to worry about going into his money he puts back, he thinks it is about time he splurges Harry a bit. He isn't exactly sure why buying Harry things makes him so happy, but he thinks it is because it is more ways of reminding him he loves him.

Harry gives him that face as they cross the street, that “I-know-what-you're-doing-and-we-are-not-doing-it” look. Louis opens the door to the boutique anyway with a smirk, listening to the chirp of the bell above the corner of the door. Louis knows that Harry likes a lot of the pretty, soft stuff because it helps him cope. But he also knows that he was the one who introduced Harry to panties, and that there is a thin line between what Harry does to make himself feel clean, and what Harry does simply because he wants to. There is a thin line between things he wants and needs.

Harry groans, “Lou, you don't ne-”

“Harry,” he whines, “I have some extra money, let me spoil you.”

Harry huffs, rolling his eyes as he walks inside, pretending his cheeks aren't flushing red.

The shop is painted a nice, pale, oasis blue. On one wall lines deep reds and purples, with black lace and trim; there is garters, and corsets, and stockings, and other items under the pretence of “naughty.” There is a section of nighties, some risqué and daring, and others a bit more innocent. There are pale coloured items, with light pinks, and purples, and yellows. Panties, and more panties, and round racks of lingerie, and bits of clothes, and makeup. Louis’ head just swirls with the thought of Harry in all of it.

He grabs one of the baskets, much to Harry’s displeasure. “C’mon, I know you have to want something.”

Harry gives in with an eye roll and flush to his cheeks, “Only one thing,” he tells Louis with mock sternness, before Louis is pushing him to go look for what he wants.