38

Oops.
___________________

“Wake the fuck up, lovebirds.”

The voice is Irish, and it’s close.

“Louis, I will spit in your ear if you don't open your eyes right now.”

He groans, rolling over an- ugh.

Niall's laugh filters through the van, making a sleepy Harry turn and look over the edge of the seat, giggling when he sees Louis on the van floor.

“Fucking twat,” he mumbles under his breath, eyes closing.

“Hey, I wanted to let you two sleep cause it was actually quiet,” Niall snickers again, “but it's like, two already. And Anne slipped us all sandwiches.”

Niall winks and leans over to ruffle Harry’s curls, before he is leaving the van, giving the two a moment alone.

They are stopped at a small field on the side of the road. There are no fences surrounding it, just open land along one of the many back roads that lead back to home. The first thing that hits Louis about where they are, is how much hotter it seems to be.

“S’it hot to you?” he asks, taking Harry’s hand to help himself up.

“A bit, yeah.”

“M’gonna put some shorts on,” Louis says, reaching for his bag in the back and sifting for his basketball shorts.

“Will you get me a pair too?” Harry asks, rubbing at his eyes and yawning. He looks so tired.

“Not sleep good?” Louis asks, grabbing another pair.

“Not really.”

He frowns, “Were you, um, scared?”

Harry nods with that what-can-you-do-look.

“‘m sorry baby,” Louis starts, “you could have woken me up. I would have helped.”

Harry laughs and shakes his head as Louis throws a pair of baggy shorts to him. “S’fine Lou. I went and talked to my mum a bit.”

Louis looks to see if any of the boys are near, but is reassured to see that they’re all sitting on the ground, rummaging through the bag Anne had given them.

“Oh, she was up too, then?” Louis asks, rolling down his sweats, and then after a moment’s thought, his pants too. Harry watches instead of changing, biting his lip.

“No, I crawled in bed with her and woke her up, cuddled a bit, talked plenty about you,” Harry laughs, “going commando?”

“S’right, free-balling today,” Louis smirks, “and you talked about me?”

Harry blushes, “Um yeah,” he bites his lip, looking out the window, “is it safe for me to… y’know?”

Louis smiles gently, moving to sit closer to Harry and to block him from sight just in case one of the boys stands up. Harry lifts his hips, and slides his sweats down. He is wearing white cotton panties, the only detail is a little bow on the top centre. Louis smiles, rubbing his thumb over the teenie bow and meeting Harry’s eyes to see him smiling back.

“What did you guys say about me?” Louis asks, sadly watching as Harry pulls the shorts up.

“Let’s go get some food and maybe I’ll tell you.”

_____

“Better have left sandwiches for us,” Louis warns, grabbing the bag from Niall once he’s out of the van. There is two sandwiches left, one PB&J and the other looks like salami. He picks the salami, knowing Harry isn’t much of a PB&J fan. He also grabs two bottles of soda, not even being able to remember when the last time he had a soda was. His life is now more like a mixture of strawberry milk, and smoothies, and tea, and detox waters with lemons and oranges and mint leaves. He prefers it that way, really.

Niall finishes his sandwich in practically a bite, before he is getting to his knees and looking around the field for god knows what. There is a multi-coloured bunny, pretty and soft, perched on a patch of the dirt that is in the midst of the field. It’s nibbling on a small flower, and Niall whispers to himself. “I’m going to catch it.”

“Jesus Christ,” Louis murmurs to himself, turning from the blond boy.

“I think there is some more food in the back somewhere,” Liam says, mostly to himself, and he gets up to go rummage through the trunk of the van. Zayn gets up too, except he goes to the front, pulling out his sketchpad and his pack of cigs.

Harry is by Louis’ side, taking one of the sodas from his hands and grinning. “Direct me to the best seat in the house!”

Louis can’t help his inner 13 year old boy, and he points to his crotch.

Harry snorts, shaking his head as he follows Louis. They walk away from where the group are, not too far, but far enough so they can be by themselves. Louis plops down with a groan, watching Niall creep up on the bunny

“Are bunnies deadly?” he asks.

“Monty Python bunny is.”

Louis laughs, calling out to him, “We’ll not risk another frontal assault! That rabbit's dynamite!”

Harry rolls his eyes, “Give me that sandwich, ‘m hungry.”

“Aw poor baby,” Louis opens the plastic bag it’s in, pulling half of it out, “c’mon open your mouth, here comes the chew-chew- train.”

Harry looks at him blankly, before grabbing the bag from his other hand, “Ha!”

“That’s cheating!”

Harry just shrugs at him, spinning the top off his soda. “Haven't had one of these in a while.”

“Same,” Louis starts, chewing his food quietly, “stopped drinking ‘em when I started hanging out with you. Made me healthy ‘n all.”

“You’ll thank me,” Harry smirks, taking a sip.

“Like it?”

Harrys shrugs, “S’alright, not use to the carbonation.”

Louis wrinkles his nose, before, “So, are you gonna tell me what your mummy said about me?”

Harry bites his lip, smirking.

“Aw c’mon, does your mum love me? Am I good enough for her baby boy?” He knows Anne adores him, but all he wants is to hear Harry say it to him.

Harry can’t help but to grin, dimples caving in and eyes lightened as he nods, “You know she adores you.”

Louis cocks an eyebrow, “Yeah, well what did you guys say about me, c’moonn.”

“Bit self-obsessed, are we?” Harry murmurs, tearing off a piece of the bread and pushing it between his lips.

Louis pouts, stealing Harry’s soda.

Harry rolls his eyes, “I just talked about you, Lou.”

Louis sighs, obviously not satisfied with the answer but he smiles nonetheless.

Harry notices and groans, “Do you really wanna know what I told her?”

Louis nods quickly. “Obviously.”

“I told her,” Harry starts, smirking, “that you have the stinkiest feet, and are a terrible cook, and the absolute messiest person I have ever met.”

Louis mockingly gasps, throwing his hand over his heart and he tries to talk with an american-southern accent, “I cannot believe you would say such appalling things about me.”

Harry snickers, stealing his soda back and taking a sip.

And Louis stares fondly at Harry, how his tounge sticks out first before he drinks his soda, or how downright lovely of a sight he is when the sun hits his face and he bats his eyelashes, relishing in the comfort.

And, gosh, is he head over heels for his boy.