14

Harry’s in the kitchen when Louis stumbles out of their bedroom, buttoning his jeans up with only one shoe on. Harry glances up to him curiously from his laptop, a recipe on the screen as he stirs something that smells sweet and fruity on their tiny stovetop.

“What’ya doin’, babe?” Harry asks simply, snickering as he watches Louis hop around on one foot, trying to get the back of his shoe to slip over his heel, “and you know you can untie your laces, right?”

Louis rolls his eyes, slipping it over after a few more moments. He steps down on the shoe hard, wiggling his foot around to get it in just right. “Zayn wants to hang out tonight, like a ‘just me and him’ thing. I don’t know...” Louis trails off, as he steps closer to Harry and peers into the pot. “I was going to ask if that’s alright… wow, that smells really good. What are you making?” Louis goes to dip his finger into the pot and Harry smacks his hand away, scowling.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?” Harry shakes his head, turning the stove off and moving the pot of what smells like tropical heaven to the side.

“Sorry,” Louis says, poking his lower lip out in a ridiculous pout. Harry tries not to indulge him, he does, but he just can’t resist himself when he leans down and gives him a gentle kiss.

Harry looks back to his laptop screen, finger trailing over the words of the next set of directions. He bites his lip with a furrow between his eyebrows. Quickly, he moves to the cupboards to the right, opening one of the drawers and digging around for the whisk. “I’m making some scones, by the way. I’ve only made chocolate ones before, so I don't know how these are going to turn out.”

Louis hums out thoughtfully, “I love when you talk baker to me.”

Harry snorts, pulling down the different tubs full of flours, sugars, and other ingredients. “The many kinks of Louis Tomlinson.”

Louis doesn’t know where the loud bark of laughter comes from, but he can’t help but feel overwhelmed in this happiness. He was serious when he said he loved hearing Harry talk about baking, he was. He loves how equally concentrated and passionate he sounds. It’s really kind of beautiful.

“Oh, and Lou?”

Louis raises an eyebrow right as his phone starts going off. He looks down, seeing Zayn’s name.

“You don't need to ask me if you can hang out with your friends. Like I said before, we don’t have to do everything together.”

Louis knows.

“Seriously,” Harry urges with a smile, shooing at Louis with his hand, “get out of here.”

Louis can’t help to beam, watching Harry roll his eyes and turn back to his laptop. Before he leaves, he gives Harry a tight hug, whispering: “Call me if you need anything.”

“And you be safe.”

Both of them know that that is their ways of saying, ‘I love you.’

-

Thank you for supporting me :)