47

I'm so proud of this chapter and this book I just akdhjdhd thank you so much for over 2k reads, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
_______________

“Alright then, you guys all ready to head up?” Liam asks the group of them. It’s no doubt that he is asking for Zayn, who is smiling shyly despite the confidence he has in himself. It is also no doubt endearing, especially to Zayn and Liam’s mothers who give each other that look.

There is a chime of 'yups’, and Zayn smiles again, leading the way to the stairs with Liam beside him.

"You two got the girls, then?" Jay asks, falling into pace next to them, "because M and I can take them if they're too much of a handful."

Daisy whines, tightening her arms around Harry's neck, and she nuzzles his shoulder with her face. It makes Harry's heart melt, his bottom lip edging out as he tilts his head coos at her, shifting her higher up on his hip. 

"I'm alright," he murmurs softly, tracing the little girl’s nose and then bopping the tip of it.

Louis smiles at his mum, soft and personal, and he nods his head, letting her know they're both alright.

The entire group slowly shuffles up to the fourth floor, zigzagging their way through the other people until they make it to the floor Zayn is presenting on. Liam finally lets go of Zayn's hand once they get to his little section of the room, only because he is taking the cloak off of Zayn's theme of his artwork, revealing the wooden display plaque that says, 'Seeing Things in a New Light.'

Once he is done, Liam kisses Zayn's cheek, and takes a standing place next to his and Zayn's family.

Zayn blushes, and coughs into his fist to try and hide his smile. "Alright," he says, clasping his hands in front of him. There is light chatter all through the room, students already introducing their work and telling the story behind each piece to their family members and friends. "Everyone ready?"

Zayn's eyes meet Louis' momentarily, and Louis gives his best friend a thumbs up, Phoebe copying him. Zayn smiles back, chuckling lightly.

"Okay," he starts, "in case some of you still can't read," he points a look to Niall, and Niall's own mum snorts, "the theme I was appointed to was 'seeing things in a new light.'"

He points to the plaque behind him, rolling his lips together. "Um, at first I had quite a bit of trouble with the theme, going back and forth between literal, and metaphorical, and personal, as well, uh," he pauses, squinting a bit as he rolls over his words, "but then I had a bit of an 'eye opening' experience you could say, and uh, I think I just couldn't stop the flow after that."

The group chuckles quietly in response, and Zayn looks down to his feet that he is shuffling back and forth. "So with that being said, I guess we can get to the artwork itself."

Louis looks to Harry and smiles, shifting Phoebe to his other hip.

"So first, it was a requirement that we all did certain canvases if we wanted to enter, that way we are building skill and not focusing on our strongest points," he explains, "so with that being said, my first piece was to be done on a black canvas... uh- convenient for seeing things in a new light," he mutters sarcastically at the end.

"And so- what I- did," he draws out, his back to the group as he carefully takes the cover off of the first piece, "was-- this."

It's large, a black background like stated, and two forms- a man and woman- are morphing together in greys and blacks, but where they meet they burst into a rainbow of colour that stands as an audacious contrast to the darkness of the background.