54

Last chapter of this book and I'm getting so emotional, but don't worry, there's going to be a sequel to this too (I've already written the first chapter, there's no going back now). 😭 also comment your username right now so I can follow you guys and all that 😙.
________

This is how it goes:

It is a burning desire, a flame unquenchable; lips get chapped from pressing to lips too long, throats choke on the dark fumes rising up. It leaves skin charred to the bone - bones brittle, ready to snap - they snap under their weight - their weight, them, Louis and Harry. Breaking synapses and bad memories into laughter - they're building temples out of it. It hurts, of course it hurts. It has to hurt, to ache. Hearts, beaten and bruised, pounded into by some undefined amount of careless, unclean hands. Giving goods away when the debt is still present in the wreckage.

Its drum still throbs inside of ribs, love fluttering to life, and it still hurts. It hurts really fucking bad, but it's the kind of hurt no one regrets, the kind you would let batter you until the end, it’s great. It's the equivalence to intoxication, and being too sober, and the crippling pain the first heartbreak gives. But the difference is, it's worth it. Because despite the feeling of someone ripping a hole into your chest, you have never felt fuller.

Louis loves Harry anyways, and Harry loves Louis anyways. Because amongst all that really good hurt is this overwhelming emotion. A pride that comes with all of the temples made out of words that were spit, and all the spit that licked its way into mouths to take away words that should have been heard.

That feeling is this:

They stand beside each other, the door feet away, but the sign is like headlights to their eyes. Louis tears his eyes from it to look at Harry, who is already looking at him.

"Ready?" Louis asks quietly.

Harry bites his lip, and nods.

They both reach for each other's hands at the same time, fingers clasping in a firm lock, eyes glued to the large sign still.

Wakefield Treatment Centre for Trauma and Abuse

Louis takes in a deep breath for both of them, and they walk inside.

_____

Please read the authors note in the next chapter, it's important to do so if you'd like to read more of this au fic and etc. 💞