Chapter 7: Conflict on a Walk

Thinks to look out for:

(Y/N)= Your Name
(L/N)=Last Name
(F/C)=Favorite Color.
(H/C)=Hair Color
(H/S)=Hair Style
(E/C)=Eye color
(S/F/C)=Second Favorite Color
(F/F)=Favorite Food
(F/S)=Favorite Snack
(F/D)=Favorite Drink
___________________________________

(Y/N)'s Pov

How long has it been since I moved in with the guys? Oh right... six months. I had learned so much about having a normal life. From hand shakes to preparing or cooking my own food. My lord that was hard, but I finally managed to understand. However... not everything is so gleeful and happy. My father... has gone missing. Completely. He's all over the news... and sadly... so is my face. I'm afraid of residents in this city recognizing me... Not only would it bring attention to me, but my father, where ever he is, will hear about it and will come and find me. I lightly rubbed my arms up and down nervously. I let out a faint sigh. I was sitting on the couch with my legs crossed over each other. I felt someone place their hands on my shoulders. I lightly jumped at the sudden touch. I spun my head back to see Tord. He lightly chuckled and smiled at me.

"Sorry (Y/N) didn't mean to scare you."

I let out a sight before I gently smiled up at him.

"It's fine. I was just lost in my thoughts."

I replied with a simple nod. He tilted his head slightly in concern.

"You look a bit tense... Are you sure nothing is bothering you...?"

He asked with a hint of a worried tone. I looked up at him before I let out a sigh of defeat.

"You can read me too well you know?"

I softly smiled as I met his gaze.

"I'm afraid Tord. I'm afraid of being found. I'm afraid of seeing my dad again..."

I gripped my arms anxiously.

"I don't want to go back to that horrible loveless husk I call my father."

I felt two warm arms wrap around me. Tord...

"It's okay (Y/N), I won't let him take you. I promise..."

I rested my head on his arm and lightly closed my eyes. I let out a soft smile.

"...Thanks Tord... You're just like how I remember..."

I heard a faint chuckle come from him.

"...Wanna go on a walk with me? It might help refresh your thoughts."

Tord suggested. I lightly nodded.

"Sure, that'll be nice.."

I opened my eyes. He smiled and pulled away from me so I could stand up. I stood up and awaited for him to lead the way.

"Alright! Let's go."

Tord smiled as he headed towards the door. I followed him out before I closed the door behind me. It was slightly colder than usual, so I let out a faint sigh as I shoved my hands into my hoodie's pockets. Tord must of noticed my discomfort.

"Are you cold?"

Tord asked as he titled his head in concern. I shook my head and sulked it down into my hoodie.

"I'm fine. I just don't go out as often as I should..."

I strand of my (H/C) hair fell onto my face. Tord lightly chuckled and kept walking along side me.

"I know how that is."

Then, an important thought crossed my mind. My eyes darted up to look at Tord.

"Hey Tord?"

His eyes darted down to meet mine.

"Yeah?"

He asked curiously.

"...When will I have a job? You know... like you do?"

Tord came to a complete stop as he thought to himself. I looked back at him.

"I have all the things you taught me I needed for work! I just don't und-"

"(Y/N) look... I don't think you're ready for a normal job... not just yet..."

I was slightly offended at his words.

"...and why not?"

I crossed my arms and glared at him. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"It's not that I don't think you can! It's just-"

"No, no. I totally understand. You think I'm a stupid 'rich' girl who is clueless about the real world."

I growled. I stopped and took a deep breathe to prevent my anger to increase. I walked past him, on my way back to the house.

"Good day."

I told him as I walked off. I wasn't usually this cold but his words had offended me. Just as I thought I had left him speechless, I felt him grab my wrist.

"(Y/N) wait!"

He cried out. I turned back to look at him a glare.

"I seriously didn't mean that! I don't want you working because I know there are people out there who want and will take advantage of you!"

He grabbed my other wrist.

"Please... I'm sorry... I just... I just don't want anyone hurting you..."

His words... my gaze softed. Ugh... now I feel stupid. Of course he was looking out for me. I face palmed myself.

"I'm so stupid..."

I muttered out loud to myself. I heard a faint sigh and foot steps towards me. I removed my hand from my face to see Tord. He tucked a strand of my (H/C) hair behind my ear and softly smiled.

"No you're not.. I should of explained that earlier. Sorry I offended you (Y/N)."

He held my wrists. I looked down to the side and awkwardly blushed as I bit my lip. Why was my face hot all of a sudden.

"Sorry..."

I muttered out. I heard him softly chuckle before my eyes darted back to meet his. His cheeks were painted with a faint blush. He softly smiled at me.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand your anger. Besides we all make mistakes! We're humans!"

I let out a soft giggled at his statement.

"Yeah..."

"Do you still want to walk with me?"

Tord asked with a hopeful look on his face. I faintly smiled and nodded.

"Of course."