His Butler, Dissolution (part 2)

~~Claire's POV~~

People had crowded in the streets and officers were attempting to keep them back a few streets from the Eiffel Tower to protect them. Sebastian, Ciel, and I were in a carriage heading away from the tower. The two were sitting next to each other while I sat across from Ciel.

"Why did you stop me?", Sebastian finally asked. Ciel kept his gaze out the window.

"I told you: we would have attracted too much attention. That's all", he replied.

"I see", Sebastian said flatly, using a tone that said he didn't believe him. Ciel looked over at Sebastian.

"What are you trying to say?!", he asked. Sebastian looked forward.

"You told me that what you wanted was vengeance against the ones who dragged you into hell", he replied. Ciel turned his head to look out the window again as Sebastian also looked out the window, his expression revealing that he was upset. "Did the vow you swore that day mean nothing?" He paused as if remembering the day. "I thought you had no doubts that day. Will you still swear loyalty to the Queen, even after learning the truth?" Ciel rested his chin on his hand.

"I never felt any loyalty to her to begin with. I just acted as the head of the Phantomhives", Ciel said. "The only queen of mine is sitting across from me as we speak." I blushed a bit and a small smile came to my lips as he said that.

"You've decided you value your soul, then?", Sebastian asked.

"What would I want with my soul?!", Ciel asked. I could tell he was getting annoyed as he turned his head to glare at Sebastian. "You're being tedious. What do you–"

Ciel stopped when he saw Sebastian glaring right back at him and I felt the air around us chill. Ciel gasped softly, keeping his mouth closed as not to let him on. Sebastian faced forward again.

"You seem tired, my lord. Please, return to the hotel and rest. I'm sure it would do well for Claire, too", Sebastian said as he looked at Ciel again, his glare gone, but his smile nowhere to be seen either. Ciel remained silent and Sebastian looked out his window again. "What a foul capital."

Well, that was an abrupt change in topic.

<Time Skip>

Night had fallen outside and I sat on a couch beside a large window in the hotel room, looking up at the stars above, while Sebastian helped Ciel change. I had changed already. The only light in the hotel room came from the moon or the single candle lit in the room Ciel and Sebastian were in that softly flowed into the main room since a large opened doorway led to the room and there were no doors to separate the rooms.

"Ever since that day, even buttoning my shirts has been your duty", I heard Ciel say. "I didn't think a demon could ever play a butler, but you carried it off splendidly."

"A Phantomhive butler who can't do this much...", Sebastian trailed off before I heard his feet shift on the floor. "That's enough talk for tonight. You should go to sleep, young master. I'll fetch Claire." I stood from where I sat and approached the doorway.

"No need. I'm right here", I said. Ciel looked over and motioned me over. I walked over to where he was and he stood up. I was going to ask why he stood, but he lifted me into the air before I could say a thing, holding me against his chest as if I were a bride. I let out a surprised screech and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Ciel!" He chuckled as he walked around to the other side of the bed and laid me down there. He leaned down and gave a sweet, warm kiss before climbing over me to get to the other side of the bed to lay down. Once he was there, he pulled the covers over himself while I did the same and wrapped his arms around me once we were settled, holding me close.