His Butler, Fluent (part 1)

~~Claire's POV~~

Sebastian had carried Ciel and I to a small boat before placing us in the boat. I had insisted that we at least bandage Ciel up before we did anything, and the other two soon agreed after a bit of persuasion. Ciel put his eye patch back on once we were sitting. I refused to leave Ciel's side and continued to apply pressure to his wound though the bleeding had slowed.

"This will joggle you both for a moment", Sebastian said before pushing the boat off with the same rod he would use to row it. The city was still in flames, meaning my siblings must've been having difficultly with the fire, and there was debris in the river and bodies scattered on the stone shore we had boarded from. Ciel's clothes were stained by his own dark red blood and he sat silently with an almost blank expression, worrying me, as if he were expecting something that I was unaware of. He watched the shore, the bodies laying there, until something in the water caught his eye. I followed his gaze and immediately noticed a pure white feather floating in the water. Ciel looked forward again.

"Where are we going?", Ciel asked.

"Here in England there are several bridges named 'Devil's Bridge', so called because legend has it they were made by demons", Sebastian began to explain as we went under a bridge. At the other side, we were able to see a tall structure that looked as if it should've connected at the top, but did not from what looked like damages or unfinished construction. "In contrast, the Tower Bridge is a holy bridge which I surmise that the angel instructed Her Majesty to build." At its base, odd shapes could be seen and I couldn't tell what they were, but as we got closer I was able to see. The spirit like heads of people moved in the structure as they moaned for help. Ciel's eyes widened and his brow furrowed and mine widened in horror as I felt the urge to cry at the misfortune of the poor souls.

"Human sacrifices?", he asked. "This is meant to be a 'holy bridge'?"

"Taken too far, saintliness is far beastlier than evil", Sebastian said.

"I see...", I said as Sebastian tossed a rope to tie to dock the boat.

"Please wait here, young master, Claire", Sebastian said.

"I'm coming along!", Ciel declared as he looked back at Sebastian.

"If you go anywhere then I'm going with you!", I declared in return.

"Claire, it's dangerous", Ciel said.

"Says the one who has a bullet wound in his stomach! I can protect myself", I said. Sebastian cleared his throat before we could continue.

"Let me put this plainly: you would drag me down", he said.

"I see", Ciel said. "In other words, you're no match for him if you're fettered down." Sebastian smiled.

"Very well, then. You and Claire shall have a prime view, my lord", he said as he bowed partially. Sebastian picked Ciel up with one arm and began to climb up at ladder nearby. He looked back down at me after climbing a few feet and motioned for me to follow. I quickly went to the ladder and began to climb up behind him even though I knew the distance of the climb was going to be a long one.

Ash was watching from the top of the Tower Bridge as London continued to burn. "They're burning down...", he said. "Her Majesty's dream, and the human world. Ah, at last, the great and notable day of our Father cometh! The signs shall be blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke." Ash was crying tears of joy as he watched the city. "Isn't that right, demon? Goddess-like one?" Ash didn't even turn to look, but he knew that Sebastian was standing not too far away, holding Ciel while I stood behind them due to how narrow the beam they stood on was.