Then We'll Talk (Chapter 9)

Chapter 9

School, more unbearable than before. The moment I step in the door I've got girls hounding me for details on my relationship and boys hounding me to ruin it. I didn't even look for Brendon and he didn't look for me.

As I approached the lunch room, I heard the whispers. Oh good that's nice to know I'm the talk of the town. I grab my lunch and sit down everyone staring at me.

"What's it this time Bryan?" He smiles and looks up, he doesn't look very happy.

"They're saying you slept with Brendon, which I know you probably didn't." I giggle, I almost did.

"No I didn't sadly I'm a virgin." I say loud enough for everyone to hear me. They all begin to whisper again, I guess it's a big shocker.

"Yea well someone says that you've got a thing for Pete, I guess that's just a rumor." I laugh; they don't have anything better to do.

"Haha no I don't. He did however ask me to be in some band he's getting together but I think I'm gonna decline because I don't want to." The whole room stops cold, what the hell did I say?

"You not perform? Well that's just silly my dear." I turn around to see Brendon holding his hand out.

"What are you doing, I really want to eat my food." I tone is bland as is my facial expression.

"I'm tired of you denying yourself all the great talent you have, I want the world to see what I see." I hear awes from the girls and scoffs from the boys.

"I don't even know what you see; honestly I don't know why you're still with me." I hear gasps from everyone, what is everyone's deal today. This is not high school musical, we are a performing arts school but we all are two steps from hating each other.

"Well I guess I'm going to tell you then." Oh no is he gonna sing? Please tell me he isn't going to sing. He pulls me out of my seat, oh my god he's going to dance too. I step up and whisper in his ear.

"Pete put you up to this didn't he?" He smiles a nice smile to the crowd.

"He knows you don't want to do this so he's sending you a message. Play along." I smile at the crowd and put on my best performer face.

"Oh Brendon, what do you have up your sleeve?" I smile the realest fake smile I can. As Brendon sings I have to pretend to like it. If Pete wants to play the game let's play.

"Now what do you fancy about me?" Before Brendon even finishes I freeze, shoot I've gotta perform now. Well done Pete, a good game you play. I make up a bunch of stuff and I just blurt it out, not even trying. I hear the whole room laugh, they enjoy this. Brendon takes my hand and pulls me close.

"Are you sure you wanna play this game? Pete is a fierce competitor and he doesn't play fair." I scoff and spin with him. "If he wants to play then let's play. I don't play fair either, let's get our hands dirty." I love a good game, and I don't even know how to play. I see Pete at the back of the room smiling. He mouths the words 'the next move is yours'.

As I walk down the hall to my locker to go home I see Patrick walk up to me.

"Hi Alex. I um heard about your performance at lunch today. I know you're new here any everything, but you do realize that this is all a game to Pete. He really likes your voice and will do some shady things to get it." I smile at him; I guess Mike didn't warn them about me huh? Patrick's face looks very panicked at the idea of me enjoying this.

"I guess my friend didn't warn you all about me huh? I'm not as sweet as I look. Just tell Pete to send me the rules." Patrick stops and I walk to my locker, this is going to be fun.