London Beckoned Songs (Chapter 10)

Chapter 10

“Once there was a great prince who was adored by many. He had everything he wanted and more, but it was think he lacked. He lacked a mate, partly because he chased a girl who didn’t love him. It was a terrible sight.” Performing art class is hard, I hate it. I don’t know why I even took the class; oh I know my stupid teachers want me to be confident. I hate that part of this school, the teachers care too much.

“Alex, you need to say that with much more enthusiasm! That was drier than all the deserts combined!” The performing arts teacher always screamed at me because I refused to put my 100 into it; I hated her so what’s the point?  

“I don’t like you or this class so what’s the point in being ‘enthusiastic’.” I saw her face drop to the floor; she just might cry how cute.

“Well Alexandria I will not be talked to that way, office now.” I cringe in my skin; did she just call me Alexandria? No one has ever called me Alexandria, not even my parents.

“Excuse me miss that name is not valid. But since I'm such a bother I’ll just leave to skip your class. Have a nice evening.” I smile and skip out of the drama room. How screwy is this school anyway? It seems like everyone is out to make me great; sorry people I'm as good as I'm gonna get.  I decide to sit outside in the corridor and read this book that I just bought. It’s pretty okay, just a predictable plot line. I pull out my iPod and listen to some Likin Park. I can’t seem to get anyone to love them like I do. As I begin to absorb myself in my book, I hear footsteps; must be the principal.

“Young lady, shouldn’t you be in class? This is the 3rd time this week!” I smile; he’s truly a foolish man.

“I'm out here because I was told to go to the office but I figured I’d spare you my presence and read out here instead, is that okay?” His face looks beyond pissed and I couldn’t help but chuckle silently.

“Young lady this is a school for the up and coming youth of music. You mock us with your sarcastic humor, but you’re a phenomenal student. What’s the problem?” He sits down next to me and is all ears to hear about what I hate. Does everyone want to worship the ground I walk on? I gather up a story about how I have no interest in performing and fronting a band and stuff. Then I tell him how I just botch the class; he listened the whole time. It actually disturbed me deeply but if it gets me out the class.

“Well Ms I think I can transfer you. You have a wonderful day.”  He walks away and I turn my attention back to my book, what a weird day.

*After School because Brendon and Alex stuff*

“Then he comes out of the blue like the freaking mist and asking me a ton of questions. So basically I think I’m getting out of that stupid performing arts class and I might get a class I like.” I pick up a couple fries and eat them. Brendon looks on the verge of choking he’s laughing so hard.

“So wait let me get this straight, you told her off, left her class, skipped class, had a conversation with the principal, and then you might get moved to a different class?” He tries to say through bites of food and hysterically laughing. Brendon truly was a character.

“You have the best stories like ever. I wish I was as awesome as you.” He takes a sip of his drink and takes another bite of his food. I think I might love this weirdo.

“You’re doing that again; please stop I'm eating.”

“What do you mean? I’m not doing anything.” He shakes his head and takes my fries.

“Hey those are mine! You ate yours!” He smiles that smile and looks me in the eyes.

“Then you should stop doing that thing and eat them.”  He scolds me and sips his drink. I begin to stuff my face with fries and trying to be seductive.