Chapter 4

Hey guys. There is a surprise for ya in this chapter. I hope yall like it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night , hot with sweat, to someone shaking me. I grabbed for my kunai for my dear life that I placed on the nightstand on instinct. I pointed it at whoever it was. As my eyes focused to the dark surrounding me, I saw it was Gaara, and his hands were up in surrender. Feeling calmed, I lowered my weapon and fell back on the bed. Gaara looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Are you ok, Ai?"

"Yea. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you were screaming and thrashing in your sleep. That's why I woke you up. What was the dream about?" he asked.

As i thought about it, the dream slowly came back to me. I screamed in horror. It was a memory of one of my beatings. I could feel the kunais thrashing down on my body. The pain was unbearable. I started hyperventilating, and I was stuck in a memory. I blacked out from the memory.

~~Gaara POV (Y'all are welcome)~~~~

I felt so helpless. Ai was so broken. I wasn't there to protect her. Her spirit was broken. My little Ai's spirit was gone but I'll be damned if I won't try to help fix it. I have missed her since the day she was kidnapped. I pulled her to my chest. Before I fell asleep I thought, I wont lose her again. This time I will protect her at all costs. I finally admit it, I have some feelings for her.

With that thought, I soon fell asleep. I woke up to the sounds of someone whimpering. I opened my eyes and saw it was Ai. I rubbed her back and she stopped. I wanted to make sure that Ai had a peaceful sleep so I stayed up all night, just in case she had another nightmare. She looked much more peaceful resting on me. Her chest rose and fell in paced patterns. She woke up about 7:30. She rolled over and looked at me.

~~~~~Ai's POV~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a foggy mind, not remembering much of what happened yesterday. I opened my eyes. I looked around and found that I was back in Gaara's room. I felt someone's eyes on me. I turned my head and saw Gaara looking at me with a frown on his face.

"Are you ok Ai?"

"Im fine. What happened?"

"I asked you what your dream was about and you screamed and blacked out. Was it a flashback?" I started crying as i curled into a ball from the memory. I felt Gaara pull me into his chest. He was rubbing my back as I cried into his shirt. As my sobs died down to hiccups, Gaara tilted my head up towards his face. He looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. He quickly hid it behind a smile. Then, he leaned closer to me, and stared into his eyes.

He suddenly leaned in the full way, and started to kiss me. My eyes bugled at first, but then everything felt better, and I started kissing him back. Everything that had scared me fell away, and I felt the best I had ever before.